Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SATNAV/RADIO NOT WORKING.

jossw94

Hello I'm wondering if anyone can help me as I'm not a technical person.

I've got a 1.6L '61 plate ford focus.

I had a car accident.  Was listening to the stereo whilst waiting to be recovered.  The car was sent in. Fixed the initial problem but my stereo/sat nav will not turn on.  All fuses are okay.  All electronics around the satnav work e.g. air con.  

Does anyone know what is could be or what I should do? 

If your satnav look like the above unit then you may have one of the early units fitted that have problems.

If it isn't powering on then I gather it is the 1st time that the battery has been disconnected?, the early units suffered from internal memory chips that got corrupted, so the unit fails to power up although it still pulls ~200mA in current, and will almost certainly flatten the battery if left over time.

Post your serial number up should look something like this:-

8M5T-18K931-AE

• Like 1

I know you said you've checked all fuses but have you also checked the one on the rear of the Headunit? I know some have one there as a secondary protection.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I have same radio and it won't power on at all. I checked fuse and it's OK. Which internal chip you're referring to? Thanks.

18 minutes ago, marekb said:

I have same radio and it won't power on at all. I checked fuse and it's OK.

This is for illustrative purposes only, it's an old headunit that caught me out once as I never realised it had an 'internal' fuse which had blown, in addition to an inline one which was fine!

2008351479_internalfuse.thumb.jpg.289451d22ff22270e11260c90276f1af.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club