johnH

Ford Focus 2019 Dash Cam

Hi folks,

Long time no speak. Just abit of an update. Basically Lookers in Gateshead rang me up and wanted to buy my mk3 off me and give me a mk4 ST Line. So now im a proud owner of one.

Anyways im trying to hardwire a dash cam into the car but it appears the fuses i try are perm live. Does anyone have advice on which one i should use for switched live. (So camera shuts down when car is off).

So far ive tried fuse 7, fuse 14, fuse 10 and its now in fuse 24. (Fuse diagram will be attached).

20190902_162236.jpg

20190902_162243.jpg

Well in my inability to leave things alone...to answer my own question. Fuse 3 in passenger compartment (10amp for parking aids) is a switched live feed.

On another note you will need a micro2 fuse tap to connect into this.

That's the one I used. There are others but I couldn't get a piggyback on them.

1 hour ago, Comares2001 said:

That's the one I used. There are others but I couldn't get a piggyback on them.

Yeah its very awkward and compact space to work in and only a few of them seem able to hold a piggy back on them.

You may also know the answer to my next question...on the digital screen theres an option for digital speedo, whats the circle that surrounds this and why does it keep changing thickness? Ive read the owners manual and there is nothing about it.

Yeah its very awkward and compact space to work in and only a few of them seem able to hold a piggy back on them.

You may also know the answer to my next question...on the digital screen theres an option for digital speedo, whats the circle that surrounds this and why does it keep changing thickness? Ive read the owners manual and there is nothing about it.

The blue circle is Ford’s eco driving coach, the thicker the circle, the more economical you are driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Guy/Andy. I had no idea and nothing was written in owners manual...unless i missed it. 👍