Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus updating advice

SgtAWilson

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering for some advice please, if anyone is able to help. 

Currently I have a 17 plate deep impact blue Focus titanium navigator with the appearance pack, and the 125ps 1l petrol manual engine. - 34k miles, full ford service history.

Ive just seen a 67 plate Titanium X (not new shape) which i like the look of, and am wondering what sort of part-exchange price I should be looking at for mine??

Thanks in advance.

Sarge

Part exchange prices are quite depressing. Best thing to do is put your Reg into WeBuyAnyCar. The quote will be pretty much what you will be offered in part-ex. Some of the Car Supermarkets will offer slightly below WBAC, but most dealer valuations will be plus/minus 5%.

Unfortunately you get bottom dollar for part ex, and pay top whack on your new car. That's just how it works, unless you want to go through the hassle of selling privately.

I've actually just bought a Focus Titanium X (66 plate). Such a rare car, especially in Petrol, Auto, so I didn't worry too much about the price.

It's my first Ford (in 30 years of driving), and I think it's absolutely brilliant. Will post up a full review later.

Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yer, it is depressing, and very annoying, 'cos you know as soon as they get your car it will be up for top whack on their forecourt!

Ive never sold a car privately, so wouldnt really know how you make sure you get your money if someone does want to buy it, etc.

14 hours ago, SgtAWilson said:

Ive never sold a car privately, so wouldnt really know how you make sure you get your money if someone does want to buy it, etc.

You could get them to do an instant transfer from their phone banking app into your bank account. You check on your phone banking app that you have received the money. Assuming both parties are using modern banking facilities.

• Like 1

I think you'll really struggle to privately sell a 2 year old car.  There aren't many people with that sort of cash hanging around in their account.  Mobile banking would be the best payment method nowadays, it doesn't always come through instantly though.  I was waiting over 2 hours for the last car payment.

You could try a car buying comparison like Motorway.co.uk.  They may offer you more than a main dealer PX but you'd have to check both rather than just making that assumption.

• Like 1