Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bonnet Adjustment

Nigel S

The front of my bonnet does not sit down properly by 2mm. Whilst it doesn't sound much it does show. All other shut lines around the bonnet are perfect and the rear is OK. I have removed the catch and the bonnet sits perfectly. I have bought a new catch but couln't get it to connect properly with the lock cable so I couldn't try shutting it just in case it wouldn't open again. I have refitted the old catch and am back to square one! My Haynes manaul says it is adjstable but I cannot see how.

Any one have any secret tips?

The car is a 2005 55reg Mk2 Focus (a proper Mk2 not a Mk1.5 as some people sometimes say!)

I have a similar problem to my mk2 focus 2006 model. When i close the bonnet it does not fully close. It does not worry me too much, but if i was travelling at speed is there a chance it could come open and smash into the windscreen? Just a thought.

There should be two rubber adjusters at either side of the cross brace, have you tried adjusting those?

Mike

There should be two rubber adjusters at either side of the cross brace, have you tried adjusting those?

Mike

would it be the passenger side by any chance? there is no way of getting it perfect almost all of them are slightly up on one side by 0.5mm-3mm just like on some the doors dont sit level etc its just the way they are built if the bonnet ids shutting correctly and it wont flty up its fine and safe otherwise its a case of fiddling around which ive done on a few and no matter how you adjust it the pass side is always a few mm higher

With what did you fiddle to make these adjustments?

It isn't the rubber adjusters/stops as these are not touching the cross member.

With what did you fiddle to make these adjustments?

It isn't the rubber adjusters/stops as these are not touching the cross member.

you can adjust the hinge but its a lot of hassle getting it all lined up again the rubber stops wont make any difference i would say leave it they are all the same just the way the car was built as its a lot of hassle adjusting the hinge if you want to mark round it with a marker before you move it so you can put it back if iot dont work

• 10 years later...

My 2016 focus bonnet closes but there’s a small gap. Two adjusters each side but thay don’t move or twist around 

any advice or help 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club