Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK4 doors not opening

Damien79

I have a 2014 MK4 Mondeo and after returning from a 4 week work trip, the doors would not open. I changed the batteries in both FOBs thinking this was the issue. No joy. I tried the driver door with the keys but it will not turn at all. 

I then assumed that the battery was so flat that nothing was operating. I called out my mechanic and he got a booster to the battery, but no joy. Eventually, we got the passenger door opened using a rod f:rom the inside and the car started straight away. 

My questions are

• Is it possible that the keys have lost their codes and if so, why would both lose the code?
  •  Why would it not open using the key on driver door. 
  •  Is it possible the central locking module has failed?

The modules go into deep sleep after a long period of inactivity.  You should have been able to manually open it with the key though.  Has the door been replaced maybe?  If not, the lock barrel has probably seized through lack of use.

Do the fobs work fine now since starting the engine?

The door may have been replaced before I bought it which would explain the barrel not working. 

The Fobs do not work now that the engine has been running. Is it possible to reset the modules after a deep sleep? 

Also, I noticed something today which may not be related. I was using cruise control and tried to reduce speed via the steering mounted controls, but it just cancels the cruise control. This was definitely not the case before the trip. 

On 9/4/2019 at 2:10 PM, Damien79 said:

The door may have been replaced before I bought it which would explain the barrel not working. 

The Fobs do not work now that the engine has been running. Is it possible to reset the modules after a deep sleep? 

Once the modules are 'woken' by manually opening doors and starting the engine, the fobs should then work again as before.  I'm not sure what to suggest now tbh, do you have access to Forscan?  

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Once the modules are 'woken' by manually opening doors and starting the engine, the fobs should then work again as before.  I'm not sure what to suggest now tbh, do you have access to Forscan?  

I don't have access to Forscan. I will bring it to a garage and update the forum afterwards. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club