Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is this the right oil?

Cat78

Hi everybody, 

Can anyone tell me if the oil i got is the right one for my focus 1.6l, petrol,manual, 2010

CastrolMagnatec Professional Ford A5 5W-30.

The oil mentioned on the can is for 913C and 913D and I need , according with owner's manual , 913B.

I bought it from eBay and the seller said this is suitable for my car.

I already added the oil to my car

Thank you

Screenshot_20190904-120300.png

Ford WSS-M2C 913-B Engine oil (Generally 5w-30 Grade) Specification

Looking for Ford WSS-M2C 913-B Spec Motor oil? The you've come to the right place.

Engine oil meeting the Ford WSS M2C 913-B specification are listed here, available to purchase online for delivery to your home, workplace or garage. For most Ford petrol and diesel engines except the Ford Focus RS (2009 onwards), Ford Galaxy 1.9 TDI and any vehicle requiring the latest WSS-M2C 913-C , WSS-M2C-934-A or WSS-M2C-934-B specifications. Please note that oils meeting the Ford WSS-M2C 913-C specification are backwardly compatible with WSS-M2C913B engine oils.

Thank you for your reply, you're saying that the oil for 913C specs can be use for 913B specs?

Cheers

I would say so yes.  It's usually the case that a later version of the oil can be used on an earlier engine.  For instance, my old Merc's oil spec was 229.51.  Mercedes then updated the oil to a new spec, 229.52, but this was still ok to use in my engine.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club