Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bumper And Badge Help

jay74

Hello folks, I'm new to the forum and need help on a couple of things.

I'm just about to replace the front bumper on my Focus (MK1) after a wee bump and I've noticed that my replacement one doesn't have the small rubber strip on the botton like my original one does - I assume this is some kind of scuff guard? Anyway, was just wondering if it's possible to take the one from my original bumper and stick it on the new one? If it is possible, any tips on how to do it?

Also, my car never had the swivel badge on the front when I bought it, I now have a replacement so again just need some instructions on how to fit it on correctly.

Any help would be great, thanks :)

Hello folks, I'm new to the forum and need help on a couple of things.

I'm just about to replace the front bumper on my Focus (MK1) after a wee bump and I've noticed that my replacement one doesn't have the small rubber strip on the botton like my original one does - I assume this is some kind of scuff guard? Anyway, was just wondering if it's possible to take the one from my original bumper and stick it on the new one? If it is possible, any tips on how to do it?

Also, my car never had the swivel badge on the front when I bought it, I now have a replacement so again just need some instructions on how to fit it on correctly.

Any help would be great, thanks smile.gif

the speed strip on the bottom of the bumper can be replaced from opne car to another but its far more work than it need be depends how youres is attatched youll neeed to pop under and have a look some are stuck on some are clips if its clips and the replacement bumper hasd them then easy if its bonded forget about it the mk1.5 didnt have a speed lip and a lot of non zetecs didnt either easiest option is to have got one with the speed lip on it i think you need to post a pic of yopure car from the front so we can look at it all fords that im aware of camer with the swivel badge

the speed strip on the bottom of the bumper can be replaced from opne car to another but its far more work than it need be depends how youres is attatched youll neeed to pop under and have a look some are stuck on some are clips if its clips and the replacement bumper hasd them then easy if its bonded forget about it the mk1.5 didnt have a speed lip and a lot of non zetecs didnt either easiest option is to have got one with the speed lip on it i think you need to post a pic of yopure car from the front so we can look at it all fords that im aware of camer with the swivel badge

Thanks for the reply artscot. When I say it didn't have a swivel badge, I mean the original one had fallen off by the time I got the car. I had a quick look at the rubber bit on the bumper yesterday and I get the feeling it might be bonded on, won't know until I take the bumper off I suppose which I will be doing on Saturday. It's not a big deal really, just think it might look a bit daft without it. The replacement bumper I've bought hasn't got one on it so just thought I'd ask.

Anyway, I'll take a pic of my car and post it the morra :D

Thanks for the reply artscot. When I say it didn't have a swivel badge, I mean the original one had fallen off by the time I got the car. I had a quick look at the rubber bit on the bumper yesterday and I get the feeling it might be bonded on, won't know until I take the bumper off I suppose which I will be doing on Saturday. It's not a big deal really, just think it might look a bit daft without it. The replacement bumper I've bought hasn't got one on it so just thought I'd ask.

Anyway, I'll take a pic of my car and post it the morra biggrin.gif

i its bonded it can be removed carefully by gently cutting the bonding off then using a good mastic such as tiger seal rebond it to the new one using a few very small self tapping screws to hold it in place this would have to be done with the screw head to the inside of the bumper and the bumper would have to stay off till its dried out or fit it and get under the car whan its had time to dry and remove the screws its easy if the strip comes off and yes ive seen a few without it and it does look a bit daft to be honest

Just get a Seat Leon Cupra R Splitter, about £20 from a Seat dealer, and they look the business. ^_^

Managed to get this done without to much bother. The rubber strip just clipped off the old bumper and then back onto the new one with a wee bit of jiggerypokery, so happy days. :D

Sounded so easy for you!

I tried taking mine off to swap it last year because it was so bent from where the previous owner had it scrape on a kerb or something. Never managed to get it off.

Now I got a new bumper on it so don't need to worry lol.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club