Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mountune Airbox Questions

LesPes

Looking for a bit of help from those who may have done the upgrade.

I have a standard airbox on my 1.0 ecoboost which has an outlet of 2.25"

The mountune box i have has an outlet of 2.50" which i would say is from an ST.

Putting it on the the car leaves me with the option of changing the top and getting a 2.25 silicon hose.

I would love to keep the bigger outlet but the st primary hose is different as it has the air outlet on it, can this be capped?

Secondly i wouls assume the rear connection to the crossover would be bigger than the 1.0 so to do it i would say i need the whole st setup of primary, secondary and crossover pipes, then you have to ask is the secondary connection larger?

I think the way to go is just get the 1.0 silicon and use the standard top on the airbox but im thinking that im not getting the full benefit. Got the bluefin remap so it should show something of an improvement.

Hope i've expained this in a way that makes sense. Any feedback would be most welcome. Thanks

You use the standard top, but I’m guessing you’ve got that sorted now 

The ST200 lower box is often cheaper and better at resisting heat soak as it’s plastic. 

Yeah, paid a visit to Airtec at Canvey Island and got a couple of Pro Hoses.

I have heard various takes on the results of this little mod, early days yet but cant say it makes any more noise which is good but it does certainly add to the get up and go factor, my missus even noticed it. I tried a K&N before but got rid of it but now i have the bluefin remap it does make a difference and unlike before it runs sweet.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club