Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Caliper Colour

Zee_3
聽Share

Hiii,

I'm looking to spray my calipers, just don't know what colour to go for.聽The colour of my car is deep impact blue. I don't wanna go for red.. I was thinking of yellow?

Anyone have thoughts on that or suggestions that'll better?

馃檪

Also to mention I have black alloys.聽

I sprayed my rear calipers gloss black when I was fitting the ST discs on and yet to do the front.聽

DSC_0101.thumb.JPG.768a3e224ec9de928a14d5483d87f1c7.JPG

It's a hard one for your colour 馃檲. What about nardo grey?聽

• Like 1

Just did mine this week, I had the same issue choosing but went with blue in the end and don鈥檛 think it looks bad. Didn鈥檛 want some that stood out too much so blue on blue worked alright.

fbfe0c7ea3878209935be58596e37556.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I sprayed my rear calipers gloss black when I was fitting the ST discs on and yet to do the front.聽

DSC_0101.thumb.JPG.768a3e224ec9de928a14d5483d87f1c7.JPG

It's a hard one for your colour 馃檲. What about nardo grey?聽

Nardo grey? Hmmm. Here's a pic of the alloy as a reference..

20190907_180032.jpg

7 minutes ago, Zee_3 said:

Nardo grey? Hmmm. Here's a pic of the alloy as a reference..

20190907_180032.jpg

Ah didn't know you had aftermarket wheels. The blue on @Daggerit car actually looks nice.聽

2 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Ah didn't know you had aftermarket wheels. The blue on @Daggerit car actually looks nice.聽

Agreed, but he's looks colour matched to his car, so maybe colour match to mine?

• Like 1

That's actually nice [emoji108]

Careful, that鈥檚 what I bought and it definitely doesn鈥檛 come out like that! [emoji23]

1 hour ago, Westville said:
6 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Hammerite Oxford Blue is nice imo...

mNdtAYj.jpg&key=73374caafcee41df1500f33d

All these blues are lovely, however, would they suit well with deep impact blue though? Thoughts?聽

It's personal preference whether you like then against deep impact I guess...聽 I'd go for it if you're wanting a fairly subtle look.聽 Or gold for a slightly more noticeable look...

IMAG4570.thumb.jpg.d8696c5f6cad11b4e00bf357f621bfbd.jpg

IMAG3434.thumb.jpg.dd5e3a18a8dac14a7dfc770557bdfcc3.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks all of you! This feels like such a tough decision to make, but all your suggestions has been very helpful.

馃槉

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 9/7/2019 at 4:47 PM, Daggerit said:

Just did mine this week, I had the same issue choosing but went with blue in the end and don鈥檛 think it looks bad. Didn鈥檛 want some that stood out too much so blue on blue worked alright.

fbfe0c7ea3878209935be58596e37556.jpg

What paint did you use?

Slightly off topic is it major surgery to put discs on the back of my PFL ?

6 hours ago, Jimpster said:

Slightly off topic is it major surgery to put discs on the back of my PFL ?

Given this thread was about painting Fiesta front calipers it is just a teeny bit off topic!馃榾

Anyway, old thread on drums to discs here:

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/51296-rear-drums-to-disks-conversion-mk2-16petrol/

Also guide to doing this on Mk 6 Fiesta which is a pretty similar process I believe:

https://www.fordownersclub.com/tutorials/article/348-mk6-65-rear-drums-to-st-disc-brakes-conversion/

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Given this thread was about painting Fiesta front calipers it is just a teeny bit off topic!馃榾

Anyway, old thread on drums to discs here:

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/51296-rear-drums-to-disks-conversion-mk2-16petrol/

Also guide to doing this on Mk 6 Fiesta which is a pretty similar process I believe:

https://www.fordownersclub.com/tutorials/article/348-mk6-65-rear-drums-to-st-disc-brakes-conversion/

Thank you squire.

Rule of thumb is:

Blue calipers: great for hot weather as they ensure cool brakes and icy temperatures (do not use in cold weather as they can freeze up)

Red calipers: make the car much faster, but the brakes get hotter (using it hot weather can damage the brakes and they can actually explode)

Orange: these add medium speed, but do not get as hot (can use in any weather safely)

White: these are slightly cooler, but not as icy as blue calipers - a good allrounder

Green: these provide good all-round use and are eco-friendly with reduced brake dust emission and increased MPG

Other colours are untested

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club