Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mot failure urgent help!!!!!

Roger111

My 2007, 1.8  tdci focus failed mot this morning (Northern Ireland) attached is the fail reason. Forget about the wheel nuts but I’m wondering if I buy 2 new lower front arms £53 of eBay would they solve most of the failure issues? And what is the rear joint failure on the sheet.

plus does anyone know if these cars are 18mm or 21mm lower ball joints if I was to order them.

reg is Ce57ext 

cheers.

96502310-D350-4C66-8B4A-F19D7B1B9FD8.jpeg

The rear trailing arm is the part below coming out the hub it attaches to the body in front and above the rear arches if the bush is bad it knocks throw the whole body. I got both parts on eBay and have had no problems for years now  As for the 21 or 18 I ended up having to buy both as could not get the answer. I have 18 in my shed lol

Screenshot_20190908_120240_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

F0cue thanks for your reply, if I buy 2 front lower arms as pictured and the bush for the trail arm as pictured would that cover all the faults on the failure notice? 

Also do you know if the trail arm bush is hard to replace, do I need any special tools? Or just brute force lol.

1A817415-BA71-412B-B866-B82A16CD998E.png

16E1FA63-D1D1-45DA-B73B-FD8778B9B8B0.jpeg

7 hours ago, Roger111 said:

F0cue thanks for your reply, if I buy 2 front lower arms as pictured and the bush for the trail arm as pictured would that cover all the faults on the failure notice? 

Also do you know if the trail arm bush is hard to replace, do I need any special tools? Or just brute force lol.

1A817415-BA71-412B-B866-B82A16CD998E.png

16E1FA63-D1D1-45DA-B73B-FD8778B9B8B0.jpeg

I replaced the trailing arm bushes on my mk 1 it’s probably a similar setup on yours.Yes there is quite a lot of work involved.I dismantled all the suspension arms and springs but I think a short cut with help could be to remove the whole rear cross-member with the  suspension unit intact.The advantage of this is you wouldn’t need to use a spring compressor.However this would mean that the trailing arm bush(butterfly bush) would have to be pressed out and a new one pressed in situ.Others on here may have a better idea👍

Thanks williamweb all advice is greatly appreciated 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• Thanks 1