Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Active Sub Install

LeeZetecS

I’ve had abit of a nightmare with this, and I go on to explain what exactly has happened - anyone interested will need to bare with me because this is quite long.

Well Saturday finally arrived and I was up at 7am ready to install this Vibe active sub.

Had the guide for taking off the head unit which was easy enough, installed the cables from the battery and tapped into the Speakers wires with electrical splices for the RCA converter...

Ha, then it all went to slop.. No, saying that it worked fine for 15 minutes.. After that though it was pretty much doomed!

Started with some interference, a light pulse from the sub which I only got on the black (-) leg of the rca's, which was constant, then after looking at the amp as I shut the boot it got worst, like the pitch changed. Then it started to wine with the accelerator.

After abit of a break I thought about everything I’d done.

First I decided although I’m sure the ground was good enough on the seatbelt anchor I drilled the chassis and scratched away paint for a true ground. Didn’t make any difference.

I then decided to take out the power cable and rca's running down the left side of the car and keep them apart incase the interference was being generated there. Again didn't make a difference, still a light pulsing of the sub and no tune..

So I decided that I would disconnect it all and seek further guidance.

I reconnected the battery and it was dead, started it with a starter pack and now I have another problem.. :(

I think it could be an electrical fault.. Because I drove it today and the Speedo drops to 0mph then back to whatever speed I’m doing, and does it at random times. Messages like 'Engine Malfunction service Now' & 'Brake System Failure Stop Safely'... the USB function keeps failing aswell. Alarms from the dash all at the same time. It was crazy!

Bit worried so I’m taking it to Ford in the morning.

Again sorry this is so long but I'm hoping someone can help and the more information I give the better understanding that person will have.

Hoping to also get response from people that have already done this install.

Thanks for getting this far! :lol:

I’ve had abit of a nightmare with this, and I go on to explain what exactly has happened - anyone interested will need to bare with me because this is quite long.

Well Saturday finally arrived and I was up at 7am ready to install this Vibe active sub.

Had the guide for taking off the head unit which was easy enough, installed the cables from the battery and tapped into the speakers wires with electrical splices for the RCA converter...

Ha, then it all went to slop.. No, saying that it worked fine for 15 minutes.. After that though it was pretty much doomed!

Started with some interference, a light pulse from the sub which I only got on the black (-) leg of the rca's, which was constant, then after looking at the amp as I shut the boot it got worst, like the pitch changed. Then it started to wine with the accelerator.

After abit of a break I thought about everything I’d done.

First I decided although I’m sure the ground was good enough on the seatbelt anchor I drilled the chassis and scratched away paint for a true ground. Didn’t make any difference.

I then decided to take out the power cable and rca's running down the left side of the car and keep them apart incase the interference was being generated there. Again didn't make a difference, still a light pulsing of the sub and no tune..

So I decided that I would disconnect it all and seek further guidance.

I reconnected the battery and it was dead, started it with a starter pack and now I have another problem.. :(

I think it could be an electrical fault.. Because I drove it today and the Speedo drops to 0mph then back to whatever speed I’m doing, and does it at random times. Messages like 'Engine Malfunction Service Now' & 'Brake System Failure Stop Safely'... the USB function keeps failing aswell. Alarms from the dash all at the same time. It was crazy!

Bit worried so I’m taking it to Ford in the morning.

Again sorry this is so long but I'm hoping someone can help and the more information I give the better understanding that person will have.

Hoping to also get response from people that have already done this install.

Thanks for getting this far! :lol:

hmm, what vibe sub did you get? as i have the vibe slick and for mine to work. i have to take one of the phono's out of the amp to get good bass.

its very strange because if i put both phonos in the bass gets reduced alot and it starts to make a farting sound. so yeah try it with one channel connected (dont matter which one)

it works for me. my only problem now is sometimes the bass just comes in and then goes out nothing to do with the amp. i think it's the way the fly convertor works :/

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club