Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are These Tyres A Good Choice

HeadShoT2009

I got a quote from kwik fit for £310 that includes fitting,filled with nitrogen and tracking, disposal etc . My question is are

Pirelli P6000 a good all round tyre( performance,economy, good in wet etc) also is there a big bennefit in having them fills with nitrogen( well it's only £4 extra any way) so is this a good price. Thanks in advance

I got a quote from kwik fit for £310 that includes fitting,filled with nitrogen and tracking, disposal etc . My question is are

Pirelli P6000 a good all round tyre( performance,economy, good in wet etc) also is there a big bennefit in having them fills with nitrogen( well it's only £4 extra any way) so is this a good price. Thanks in advance

What size is that for the tyres? In general, okay for motorway miles. Not a premium performer though, but will last ages. Nitrogen is pointless. Air is free in every other garage!

Re tracking, is this the correct four-wheel alignment?

What would u suggest is a good all round performer( Eco, performance,etc) as idont do alot of motorway as college is in town and so is work and my house. Also what did u mean by the last thing bout tracking

I had P6000's on my Clio, found these to be a good all rounder and the price I paid was ok. the tyres were fitted in 2007, fronts were replaced last year, and I have one rear left which is in good condition (the other rear was replaced due to being too badly damged after being struck by an object). As SilverFox said they will last ages. I also found their performance in the wet to be good too.

What would u suggest is a good all round performer( Eco, performance,etc) as idont do alot of motorway as college is in town and so is work and my house. Also what did u mean by the last thing bout tracking

average tyres really not great in the wet forget nitrogen its a waste of time as almost nowhere sells or has niitrogen and you cant tiop up with standard air just tell them to put good old fashioned air in the tyres

The Ford Focus has independent rear suspension, thus simply tracking the front wheels (regular tracking) is pointless - you need to have all four wheels aligned correctly, else it can cause the back end to skip about.

The P6000 is okay. As long as you don't chav about in the wet, they are more than fine. If you might find yourself in the wet at speed for whatever reason, there are better tyres out there. Eagle NCT5 are a better choice in my opinion.

The Ford Focus has independent rear suspension, thus simply tracking the front wheels (regular tracking) is pointless - you need to have all four wheels aligned correctly, else it can cause the back end to skip about.

The P6000 is okay. As long as you don't chav about in the wet, they are more than fine. If you might find yourself in the wet at speed for whatever reason, there are better tyres out there. Eagle NCT5 are a better choice in my opinion.

"Chav about in the wet" Ive got a set of these on my 1.6 and on warm sunny days there mint and they do last a lifetime but in the wet and cold there absoutly shocking if your a hard driver like me they seem to make the car want to run wide all the time. As for prices try black circles i think mine were about 70quid a wheel fitted, mine are 16inch 50/sumin lol cant remember exactly.

Mike

"Chav about in the wet" Ive got a set of these on my 1.6 and on warm sunny days there mint and they do last a lifetime but in the wet and cold there absoutly shocking if your a hard driver like me they seem to make the car want to run wide all the time. As for prices try black circles i think mine were about 70quid a wheel fitted, mine are 16inch 50/sumin lol cant remember exactly.

Mike

These were decent on my Fiesta MKIV, but not so hot on the Focus for some reason. That said, tyres do handle differently across different cars - I have Eagle F1 GSD3 on my MKII Focus and they were a far better tyre on my MKI ST170, lol.

The Ford Focus has independent rear suspension.

Blimey i didn't know this. So i take it all focus models have this then? I thought when they do the laser tracking it covers all the wheels?

The Ford Focus has independent rear suspension.

Blimey i didn't know this. So i take it all focus models have this then? I thought when they do the laser tracking it covers all the wheels?

No, the Fiesta doesn't have it ... yet.

And yes, the four wheel laser alignment covers all four wheels. As you can imagine, front tracking on a Fiesta for example, is easy, because the geometry of the rear wheels never changes (unless something is seriously wrong!). Rubbish garages will still try and only do the front wheels on the Focus though, so be weary.

The Conti's are probabaly a step up from the Pirelli's. I've got Conti Sport Contacts on my Focus, they offer good performance but can be noisy on some surfaces. I think the Premium contact will probably be better at supressing the noise but be down slightly on performance compared to the Sport Contact. But do shop around, I find Kwik Fit prices to be expensive, as an example when I had P6000's fitted they were TWICE the price at Kwik Fit!

I've got a budget of £350 max, cheaper would be nicer but what I'm looking for is something that is good in wet but nic performancE aswell or a good all round performer is there any sugestions any will b apreciated thanks in advance

Cheers for the adviCe mate

Hi mate avoid Kwik fit they are expensiove and not very good do you have a Selecta tyre http://www.selectatyre.co.uk/ near you check the website they are the cheapest believe me I have checked around and by at least £5 per tyre. I put two Bridgestone ER300's (Which magazine best buy for the focus 15" size) on mine in December tyres were £64 each fitted. Otherwise Continentals are very good tyres, don't worry about getting Sport contact though you don't need then just ask for the Premium Contact. Is the £320 for all four wheels? The tracking at Selecta tyre cost £27 for front and back. If you don't have a selecta tyre try a Mr Tyre http://www.mrtyre.com/, if you haven't one of those go with National but with National always say you have had a better quote they are then happy to haggle on the phone but make sure you check the agreed price when you get there because they can mess you around.

Hi mate avoid Kwik fit they are expensiove and not very good do you have a Selecta tyre http://www.selectatyre.co.uk/ near you check the website they are the cheapest believe me I have checked around and by at least £5 per tyre. I put two Bridgestone ER300's (Which magazine best buy for the focus 15" size) on mine in December tyres were £64 each fitted. Otherwise Continentals are very good tyres, don't worry about getting Sport contact though you don't need then just ask for the Premium Contact. Is the £320 for all four wheels? The tracking at Selecta tyre cost £27 for front and back. If you don't have a selecta tyre try a Mr Tyre http://www.mrtyre.com/, if you haven't one of those go with National but with National always say you have had a better quote they are then happy to haggle on the phone but make sure you check the agreed price when you get there because they can mess you around.

Hello i thought i would let you know i used Blackcircletyres and had 4 nexen n2000 fitted and mobile fitting all in £200

i think they are a very good tyre and hard wearing i prefer them to Pirelli and they look nicer

• 1 month later...

Hi again and sorry for reopening this topic so to speak and thanks in advance, but I've look around and I dont ave either one of those tyre companies near me. Any was watching tv this evening and saw a kwik fit advert for 25% of bridgestone ER300's when you buy 4, so taking into mind what you guys have said i looked at national tyre and blackcircle and they come up more than they say on kwik fit website. Also what do you guys think of these Bridgestone ER300. Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club