Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6.5 interior part

Kevh17
聽Share

Can anyone tell me what the black plastic part to the left of the hazard button is on a Mk6.5? Been trying to figure out a good place to install a separate DAB screen and when I removed it, it looked like a sensor to check the interior temperature but I don't have climate control so not sure why it would be there. CC cars also seem to have one below the HVAC controls anyway. The part I am referring to has a connector with wires attached to it.

Thanks

Screenshot_20190909-231222_Chrome.jpg

If your car was to come equipped with Electronic Stability Control (ESP), there would be a button there to enable or disable traction control. However since your vehicle doesn鈥檛 have ESP, a simple coin holder has been placed there. 馃檪

Yeah could just be that. It's strange that it has a wire connected if it is though.

3 hours ago, Kevh17 said:

Yeah could just be that. It's strange that it has a wire connected if it is though.

He's right, it is just a coin holder.聽 The wire isn't actually connected, it's just a blank socket to stop it rattling around behind the dash. :smile:

I have a recollection is that the wire may be airbag de-activation for the passenger airbag when a baby seat is in the front seat ?

11 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

He's right, it is just a coin holder.聽 The wire isn't actually connected, it's just a blank socket to stop it rattling around behind the dash. :smile:

I've taken it out and it is connector to a wire with a proper multi connector. I'll take a pic of what it looks like behind in the morning

Now I've put in Fiesta coin holder into Google, there's a load of people confirming that's all it is and some suggestions about other uses. Someone even said you can swap the heated screen switches over to the other side to make a Bluetooth/DAB screen closer to the driver

Quote from Fusion Handbook below which states that if you need a passenger airbag deactivation switch, that goes in the glove compartment, and the indicator on the panel - Haynes suggests core colours for indicator are GN/OG and BK/RD.聽 Does that correspond to your plug and wire ?聽:

Fitting the passenger airbag
deactivation switch
WARNING
If you need to fit a child restraint on
a seat protected by an operational
airbag in front of it, have a
passenger airbag deactivation switch
fitted. Ask your dealer for further
information.
Note: The key switch is located in the
glove compartment with an airbag
deactivation lamp in the instrument panel.

11 hours ago, Kevh17 said:

I've taken it out and it is connector to a wire with a proper multi connector. I'll take a pic of what it looks like behind in the morning

The wire is real yeah, it's for the ESP switch as someone has already said, it was an optional extra on the Mk6.聽 It's just plugged into the coin holder so it doesn't drop behind the dash and rattle about.

Removed the back of the coin holder and left the front in place, then drilled a hole to allow me to feed the cables through to the DAB adapter.

20190911_105731.jpg

20190911_105724.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah that switch between the coin holder doesn't do anything. I think ford put it in to save money rather than it removing it / adding it for cars with or without traction control. Even if you plugged in a traction control button I believe it won't do anything.聽

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club