Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What has she got?

RedhillPhil

Newbie Phil here.

My luscious lady friend has a Focus on a 12 plate. It's a 1.5/1.6  (not really sure) turbo diesel. There's a badge on the boot that states ECOnetic technology. The ECO bit is in blue. The RFL is £30 per year. It's a cracking little car with an astonishing mpg.

I now wish to buy a (newer) Focus for myself - probably something on a 67 or 68 plate but I'm bewildered by all of the model designations. What is the modern version of my luscious lady friend's car?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi, it'll be a 1.6 TDCi in 2012, the 1.5TDCi wasn't fitted to the Focus until a couple of years later.  It should also be £20 a year tax, not £30.

Econetic Technology is just a bit of branding, it's meant to look a bit like the 'EcoBoost' petrols badging without advertising that is a dirty diesel, it doesn't really mean anything though, it's nothing to do with the engine or spec.  

You can only get the 1.5TDCi in the Focus by 2017 so that's the engine it sounds like you'll be after, it is a bit different to the 1.6 though.  Also remember the tax system changed that year though, so tax is now £140 a year on any car you buy. 

14 minutes ago, billyboy said:

My 1.6 TDCi diesel was £30 a year. 119 g/km.

Should be 109 g/km on a 2012 (MK3) hatch.  Facelift MK2 with the 16v engine was 119 g/km and £30 tax.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club