Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do I have abs?

Paul Smifff

I am looking for a complete front n/s front wheel hub.  I am wondering if all different engine sizes have the same size hubs and whether my 2007 1.6 zetec s would have abs?

My 2007 1.6tdci zetec had abs. I recall it working in the snow. When you turn ignition does abs light come on and the go off? I would be extremely surprised if it did not have abs.

ABS is required on all new passenger cars sold in the EU since 2004 so unless someone else has removed it, it will have ABS.

23 hours ago, Paul Smifff said:

I am looking for a complete front n/s front wheel hub.  I am wondering if all different engine sizes have the same size hubs and whether my 2007 1.6 zetec s would have abs?

I have a 2006 fiesta zetec s and it does have Abs. Definitely when I brake really hard at some instances the front wheels spin not lock up. The rear brakes I believe are the same as I saw a wire there when doing the rear ST brake conversion 

It will have ABS as others have stated.  The hubs are different between ABS and non-ABS models (very early pov-spec PFLs!) but not different between engines.

I've got an idea the ST150 hubs might be different but not 100% sure on that.

9 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

It will have ABS as others have stated.  The hubs are different between ABS and non-ABS models (very early pov-spec PFLs!) but not different between engines.

I've got an idea the ST150 hubs might be different but not 100% sure on that.

The ABS plug on my zetec s fitted straight onto the ST hubs 😂. Didn't have to use the ST ABS plugs. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, zain611 said:

The ABS plug on my zetec s fitted straight onto the ST hubs 😂. Didn't have to use the ST ABS plugs. 

The plugs are interchangeable yeah, are the front hubs physically different though?  Did you have to fit those in order to fit the ST brakes for example?

14 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

The plugs are interchangeable yeah, are the front hubs physically different though?  Did you have to fit those in order to fit the ST brakes for example?

Front brakes it was just a case of changing the calipers and carriers then the bigger discs can go on. 

• Like 1

So I can get any model abs hub for a Mk6 and it'll fit ?

18 hours ago, Paul Smifff said:

So I can get any model abs hub for a Mk6 and it'll fit ?

I believe so. All models except the ST had the same brake setup so can't see why it'll be different. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club