Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacing Head Unit Question Dual RF Connectors Fakra

90Ninety

So I just removed my Stock Head Unit ( CD6000 ) from my Mk4.5 Mondy , to replace with a Android Touchscreen with FM radio .  The car has two RF facra leads  going to the old HU but the new HU has just one Antenna ( ISO ) input  . I read that some cars have dual antennas , or a single antenna with a booster  - So I just purchased a Dual Antenna Adapter ( attached )which supposedly  adapts the dual FACRA to one ISO Antenna Connection and one Voltage tap connector ( powers the booster )

Before I wire this and blow something , I just wanted to check if I am correct in my thinking ....

dual ant.jpg

This adapter seemed to do nothing, If I connected with either, or both  Fakra connectors I get the same reception , when connecting the blue wire ( to Antenna amp/ Blue wire ) this made no difference 

So I have the adapter in place but , to be honest the FM signal is worse than it was from the old unit .  Maybe the adapter is incorrect ? 

Can anyone advise?

• 3 months later...

• 1 year later...
On 1/13/2020 at 4:34 PM, 90Ninety said:

Anyone Bump ?

IMG_20190911_220945.jpg

IMG_20190911_223906.jpg

IMG_20190911_224244.jpg

Just doing this . Haven't bought lead yet . Any suggestions?

• 1 year later...

Did you manage to solve? I have similar problem... I try to make from ISO FAKRA, but i don't how and as i understand there is a +12V on the connector, so i am really confused 😞

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club