Do Not Sell My Personal Information

sad times

Torie

My neighbour decided we both needed go faster stripes. Although he denies it. I could cry

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• Sad 1

Send the photos, preferably with a ruler showing equivalent heights, you your insurance company with all your neighbours registration details.  

• Like 1

I don't see how they could deny it. The heights of the scratches seem to match up and the silver car definitely has red paint embedded in the scratches. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThaiFiesta said:

Send the photos, preferably with a ruler showing equivalent heights, you your insurance company with all your neighbours registration details.  

I woudn't, with the cost of your excess and future loading on your insurance i'd just get it repaired (if your neighbour owns up he may pay for it).

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tiexen said:

I woudn't, with the cost of your excess and future loading on your insurance i'd just get it repaired (if your neighbour owns up he may pay for it).

Yes, that's my thought too. The photos appear to clearly show impact between the two vehicles, but unfortunately no proof of which hit the other one, so insurers may well treat it as "knock for knock".  Obviously we don't know how well you know/get on with your neighbour but involving the insurers could cost you both money and loss of NCD which won't help matters.

I'd be inclined to get a repair quote and weigh up the cost against your excess and loss of NCD before deciding what to do, and maybe having another chat with your neighbour (if possible).

I agree with Roger and Tiexan sadly.  What seems like cast iron evidence to us, is something else completely to insurance companies who have no interest in most cases that aren't open and shut (read: independent witness).

I really feel for you Torie.  I know it's no conselation but my 67 plate has been scratched & scraped no less than 6 times by neighbours in the last 12 months.  Some people literally don't give a £$%T about other people's cars - or often their own .

This is where a parking mode dash cam would of paid for itself. Maybe something to consider for the future.

Hmmm in situations like these is wrong to want to drill a hole in their car roof and put a hose pipe in over night? 🤔

• Haha 1

I’ve spent a small fortune fixing bumps like this. I had a non-fault applied to me years ago, didn’t even claim any money, insurance went up a lot. With the amount of cars I have I just have to take it on the chin.

You should be good for under £100 for that. As a slow impact I would say paint only.

I won’t bore you all with pics of my problems!

Sometimes I understand if the neighbour denies it, but the scratches look like their at the same height on either car. Then to top it off, he literally has red pain transfer on his car! When I bought my car, i installed cctv at my house (mostly pointing at my car) for this exact reason.

Be a shame if he woke up to 4 slashed tyres one morning...

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

Sometimes I understand if the neighbour denies it, but the scratches look like their at the same height on either car. Then to top it off, he literally has red pain transfer on his car! When I bought my car, i installed cctv at my house (mostly pointing at my car) for this exact reason.

Be a shame if he woke up to 4 slashed tyres one morning...

Only do three though, as if it's like the US then insurance won't cover it since it's not all of them.  Just FYI.  Lol.

On 9/12/2019 at 2:11 AM, Torie said:

nei.jpg

What car is that out of interest?  I'm pretty sure it's VAG, just can't work out which model! :unsure: 

Shame it doesn't have parking sensors though! 🤭

• Like 1

I'm guessing Polo... Although they look almost the same as a Golf these days anyway.  Hahaha.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daggerit said:

I'm guessing Polo... Although they look almost the same as a Golf these days anyway.  Hahaha.

That was my first thought but the fogs/DRLs look wrong for both Polo & Golf...  

• Like 1

Should've looked at some pictures before guessing!  My money is now on a Golf I think.  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Daggerit said:

Should've looked at some pictures before guessing!  My money is now on a Golf I think.  😂

Lol, I think it's bigger, Passat maybe, but those fogs still don't look right! :unsure: 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club