Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Mondeo mk 5 questions

Haz619

Hi all I’m new here,

So I am about to buy a Mondeo 2016 but I’m between a couple of models. Both of them are titanium X but one is 150 PS and the other is 180 PS

I read somewhere that the engine in these cars is the same but they are mapped by Ford differently? Is this true?

I was also considering getting it mapped after I bought it, apparently the 150 model can be increased to about 190 bhp and the 180 model can be increased to about 210 bhp this would lead me to believe that the engines are different, could somebody shed some light for me please. I know there are stage one and two maps but I don’t really understand it. It’s not really the BHP increase that I would be interested in it’s the throttle response and fuel efficiency mainly.

One last question I live in the Republic of Ireland and I will be buying this car in The north, are the odometers digital or analog as in can I change the odometer from mph to kilometres?

Thanks in advance

Harry

• Like 1

Hi

The 150 and 180maew the same engine with 'different' brains. You can unlock the 150 to run at 180 and then remap it, I know a few guys with UCDS that can do the unlock. Then it's a case of getting a bluefin remap from superchips and that's it job done.

The clocks depend on model, all zetecs are analogue and the rest are digitial so can show kph if desired. From memory you can change the units of measurement on the analogue display so that your fuel consumption will be shown the way you want it but you would need to read the inner numbers on the Speedo.

I am an admin on the most active MK5 Mondeo page and we have several members in N.I and R.O.I. why don't you look us up

https://www.facebook.com/groups/693277794183606/

Jon

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Great explanation thank you, so the mapping and unlocking are generally not done at the same place? 

I would be be getting the titanium x model so I presume that will have the digital clocks

would you know if it would support car play or android auto?

thanks again

Great explanation thank you, so the mapping and unlocking are generally not done at the same place? 
I would be be getting the titanium x model so I presume that will have the digital clocks
would you know if it would support car play or android auto?
thanks again
No problem.

No, the unlock is done by computer software like the garage has. It can be done anywhere because it is just a laptop, so you could meet someone in a carpark or their home etc. It's about £150

The bluefin remap is something you buy from Superchips and is about £335. You get sent a handset which you plug into the cars diagnostic port - above the drivers right knee - it scans the cars ECU and you upload the file back to Superchips, they then look at it and email you the 'map' which you download to the handset. Then you plug it back into the car and press go, the handset does the rest. It is removable too, and can be reinstalled after. If you can upload and download a file for email then you can remap your car. If not you can find a stockist and visit them which is cheaper because you don't keep the handset and you can't reinstall it if it gets wiped during a service for example.

The 2016 models won't have sync3, they will be sync2 so won't do AA or Car Play. bluetooth streaming Spotify is adequate on sync2 but obviously you can't use your Google maps or Waze.

A Tit X will have the digital clocks. If I were you and you are looking to get a 150 unlocked then don't worry about either engine power wise look more at mileage and spec\extras. Get the CAR you most like and the engine can be sorted, you won't be able to add extras if you know what I mean.

Thank you again for your reply, I do like the exhaust tips that you get with the 180 bhp one though, I’ll keep looking, also wondering what’s going to happen to the r they in Southern Ireland if a no deal brexit happens 🙂

• Like 1

On 9/13/2019 at 9:22 AM, Jonro2009 said:

No problem.

No, the unlock is done by computer software like the garage has. It can be done anywhere because it is just a laptop, so you could meet someone in a carpark or their home etc. It's about £150

The bluefin remap is something you buy from Superchips and is about £335. You get sent a handset which you plug into the cars diagnostic port - above the drivers right knee - it scans the cars ECU and you upload the file back to Superchips, they then look at it and email you the 'map' which you download to the handset. Then you plug it back into the car and press go, the handset does the rest. It is removable too, and can be reinstalled after. If you can upload and download a file for email then you can remap your car. If not you can find a stockist and visit them which is cheaper because you don't keep the handset and you can't reinstall it if it gets wiped during a service for example.

The 2016 models won't have sync3, they will be sync2 so won't do AA or Car Play. Bluetooth streaming Spotify is adequate on sync2 but obviously you can't use your Google maps or Waze.

A Tit X will have the digital clocks. If I were you and you are looking to get a 150 unlocked then don't worry about either engine power wise look more at mileage and spec\extras. Get the CAR you most like and the engine can be sorted, you won't be able to add extras if you know what I mean.

You mentioned that the titx model would have digital clocks, I understand though that the needles are digital but the miles or kilometers on the outside are not changeable?

14 hours ago, Haz619 said:

You mentioned that the titx model would have digital clocks, I understand though that the needles are digital but the miles or kilometers on the outside are not changeable?

No they are not changeable. Assuming you went for a UK model, the tachometer and speedometer digits are physical, built into the dashboard, only the circles inside the dials are digital screens that can be customised.

The UK dashboard looks like this (save for the MPH instead of KPH etc) - I can't comment on what dash ROI models have. In the US they have a totally different dashboard for example (but this also has a physical speedometer built into the dash).

image.thumb.png.774f4a6ff28a528c130921d722370334.png

• Like 1

There is a tick box in display settings that enables kph display inside the mph display

Yea the roi models are exactly the same only with kmph, so I presume there is no permanent job that can be done, to get it opened up for example and change a sticker?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club