Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Fiesta Red Edition Start Issue

BoramanMax

After some advice. 

This morning on my mostly motorway 25 commute to work I approached a set of traffic lights near my final destination. Once fully stopped the start stop kicked in as usual while I waited for the lights to go green, when they eventually did I pressed on the clutch as normal but the car would not start. I tried this several times with no success, so I then reverted to taking the key out of the ignition and then trying to start in the typical way, this only worked after the 5th or 6th attempt. The car drove fine afterwards and is not showing any warning lights. The car showed no issues with starting when I first got in the car about 40 mins prior. 

I have just been out to my car now and it didn't start first go and just made a light clicking noise, but it did start of the second attempt with no issues whatsoever. 

Any ideas what might be wrong?

T.I.A

I would check the battery (If it's the battery, maybe test the alternator to make sure it's properly charging at the correct voltage), solenoid and the starter. 

First thing I do before I set off to go anywhere is turn start/stop off, I think it’s stupid. But anyway it sounds like the alternator isn’t charging the battery properly from the ‘clicking noise’ you describe. 

If it was the battery , the stop start would not enable, requires minimum 68% battery charge to function. 

More likely the starter motor. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, iantt said:

More likely the starter motor. 

I had very similar issues with my previous car (SEAT). The starter motor was replaced under warranty (after only 300 miles from new) - I was told it had an internal short.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club