Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"hidden Pocket" Help

Nico.

right the hidden little pocket thing in my car gets kind of used alot! i leave my wallet and stuff in there i dont want anyone geting there hands on when i park the car up so i know it's well out of sight but the metal clip is kind of gettin knackerd...

15032010016.jpg

not a brill picture showing it like but does anyone know if you can actually get like a proper clip for this so it ca just pop in and out?? seems like that was what is was designed for... it baffels me this pocket tbh

oh and its currently holding up my smell rescuers! haha too many of my mates smoke and it tends stink car... any help would be most appreciated!!!

15032010015.jpg

right the hidden little pocket thing in my car gets kind of used alot! i leave my wallet and stuff in there i dont want anyone geting there hands on when i park the car up so i know it's well out of sight but the metal clip is kind of gettin knackerd...

15032010016.jpg

not a brill picture showing it like but does anyone know if you can actually get like a proper clip for this so it ca just pop in and out?? seems like that was what is was designed for... it baffels me this pocket tbh

oh and its currently holding up my smell rescuers! haha too many of my mates smoke and it tends stink car... any help would be most appreciated!!!

15032010015.jpg

just loosen up the metal clip a bit so there won't be enough damage to the plastic.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8945&st=105

i was able to install the push to open, push to close thing on that secret hole. but haven't got the time to do a manual yet. but i'll surely do it soon.

You let people smoke in your car?

He leaves his wallet in it, so I doubt nicotine stains are his biggest concern.

do you smoke? :)

If you do and you smoke in the car then I guess youre to blame for the 'stinky' atmosphere as much as anyone :rolleyes:

If not then tell your mates to respect your health and your car, passive smoking is one issue and dropping !Removed! ash or a lighted cigarette isnt going to do a lot for your cars resale value. :angry:

If they refuse then trust me they arent your mates :(

do you smoke? :)

If you do and you smoke in the car then I guess you’re to blame for the 'stinky' atmosphere as much as anyone :rolleyes:

If not then tell your ‘mates’ to respect your health and your car, passive smoking is one issue and dropping !Removed! ash or a lighted cigarette isn’t going to do a lot for your cars resale value. :angry:

If they refuse then trust me they aren’t your mates :(

I agree I'd never let anyone smoke in my car but that's not his issue its the pocket thingy!

I don't even let people eat in my car and if they want a drink it has to be a bottle of water! If someone started smoking I think I'd drive out to the wilderness and drop them there!

15032010016.jpg

15032010015.jpg

tell them not to then....

I saw the "secret hole" threads BEFORE having a MK7 and thought it was quite amusing how people found a use for it.

However on Saturday, reading through the handbook sat in my car I came across "Sat Nav Holder"

By any chance is this Flap NOT for a Sat Nav?

Because the diagram in the book looked VERY similar to the flap on the secret hole and nothing else on the dash slightly resembles the handbooks diagram.

Or the diagram is of an extra that you need to attach else where and what I'm typing is aload of BS :lol:

NO SMOKING, EATING, DRINKING in my car B)

Thanks for that chaps never knew it even opened LOL :D

Thanks for that chaps never knew it even opened LOL :D

Lmao. No longer a very secret pocket after this thread. :lol:

However on Saturday, reading through the handbook sat in my car I came across "Sat Nav Holder"

By any chance is this Flap NOT for a Sat Nav?

Because the diagram in the book looked VERY similar to the flap on the secret hole and nothing else on the dash slightly resembles the handbooks diagram.

Or the diagram is of an extra that you need to attach else where and what I'm typing is aload of BS :lol:

The Sat Nav mount goes on the A-pillar of left-hand drive cars - unfortunatelt not available for RHD cars.

i dont let people smoke in it, and i dont smoke!!! just they smoke and the smell of it comes in on their clothes i hate it :(

The Sat Nav mount goes on the A-pillar of left-hand drive cars - unfortunatelt not available for RHD cars.

Ahh thanks for clearing that up

My BS spree will halt there :)

i dont let people smoke in it, and i dont smoke!!! just they smoke and the smell of it comes in on their clothes i hate it :(

Carry a bottle of Febreze and spray down your passengers before they get in. They'll either:

A. Live with it

B. Stop smoking

C. Never get in your car again

:lol:

If someone wanted to get in my car smelling strongly of cigarettes I would politely decline....actually it probably wouldn't be that polite! I'd probably treat them like they'd just stepped in something unmentionable and drive off. I'm nice like that. :P

Carry a bottle of Febreze and spray down your passengers before they get in. They'll either:

A. Live with it

B. Stop smoking

C. Never get in your car again

:lol:

If someone wanted to get in my car smelling strongly of cigarettes I would politely decline....actually it probably wouldn't be that polite! I'd probably treat them like they'd just stepped in something unmentionable and drive off. I'm nice like that. :P

Ha ha! Like your style! I don't get smokers, no1 they stink and no2 they've got horrible brown teeth! So what's the attraction! lol

just loosen up the metal clip a bit so there won't be enough damage to the plastic.

http://www.fordowner...pic=8945&st=105

i was able to install the push to open, push to close thing on that secret hole. but haven't got the time to do a manual yet. but i'll surely do it soon.

Where did you get the latches from? Have you got a link? I was thinking of installing a push clicky thing but have no clue where to start looking...

Where did you get the latches from? Have you got a link? I was thinking of installing a push clicky thing but have no clue where to start looking...

thats what i was asking but it turned into a smoking thread!

i got the push to open push to close latch from an old and broken cd player.

there are a lot of things that needs to be change though. especially on the secret hole door. too much sanding and bonding.. because the plastic tip that goes to the metal clip is very long. took me almost an hour getting it done. don't worry i'll get the pictures and manual done soon. just too occupied right now.