Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Stolen!!!

Chiinkson

Hi,

My beloved Fiesta ST Line was stolen at the weekend. Pretty sure I'll not get it back. Will probably be half way across the ocean in a container or stripped for parts by now.

Once I'd read up about it, I've found it to be the easiest car to steal in the UK.

Regardless of price, does anybody have any advice on making it theft proof?

Thanks,

Jason.

• Sad 2

Buy a different car with the insurance payout...

Or relocate the OBD port, get a steering wheel lock and if you can be bothered, a pedal lock as well.

23 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Buy a different car with the insurance payout...

Or relocate the OBD port, get a steering wheel lock and if you can be bothered, a pedal lock as well.

Thanks,

Been reading about key code entry systems and isolated alarms... do you know if they're much use or can they be easily bypassed? 

21 minutes ago, pragmatix said:

Sorry to here that, but If they want it they will get it.

Just wanting to find ways to make it as difficult as possible mate...

25 minutes ago, Chiinkson said:

Thanks,

Been reading about key code entry systems and isolated alarms... do you know if they're much use or can they be easily bypassed? 

I've had no end of trouble with aftermarket alarm & immobiliser systems over the years so I wouldn't bother with those personally, just my opinion though.  I don't know how secure they are on modern cars, I don't know of anyone that's had one fitted recently.

The physical deterrents really are the best though, steering wheel locks in particular.  It's easily seen through the window so they won't even smash their way in unless they've got the tools to remove it.  The alarm only works after they've caused some damage.  Obviously wheel locks are a pain to fit and remove every day though, which is why I'd personally just buy something that's less likely to attract thieves.

Yeah I'm looking into other models too, just really like the fiesta. Perfect size and drives really comfy etc. Obviously I'm aware that means very little if its stolen 😂.

If I get another then I'll be sure to get a steering wheel and pedal lock. Get a dashcam with an in house display maybe...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chiinkson said:

Yeah I'm looking into other models too, just really like the fiesta. Perfect size and drives really comfy etc. Obviously I'm aware that means very little if its stolen 😂.

If I get another then I'll be sure to get a steering wheel and pedal lock. Get a dashcam with an in house display maybe...

OBD relocation is definitely worth it too, quick and simple one-time mod that stops them just plugging in and over-riding the immobiliser.

I'm with Tom on this one. The physical deterents that they can see before they start attempting to steal it are what i think are best. My theory is they will walk away and find another one that looks easier to steal. (Physical deterents were even better years ago before everyone had battery power tools). 

On 9/16/2019 at 12:19 PM, Chiinkson said:

My beloved Fiesta ST Line was stolen at the weekend. Pretty su

Sorry to see that - was it stolen from home or parked elsewhere?

Another vote for visible physical deterrents, anyway. There are a lot of legitimate people around nowadays using hand held terminals - postman, meter reader, parcels driver etc - so if a guy with a device was lurking in your drive in a hi-vis I doubt anyone would bat an eyelid, whereas a bag of tools might attract a bit more attention.

As others say, if they really want your particular car for some reason, they'll have it, but otherwise if you make yours that bit more difficult, they might move on elsewhere.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club