Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Weird Pointless Tube. Help

nils

I noticed a small rubber pipe next the the fuel tank underneath my mk7 on the left hand side near the rear left wheel.

Its connect by a clip to the metal pipe that comes from the fuel tank, its not connected to anything and is open ended went i bent it downward some wd40/white spirit smelling liquid came out of it. Put it back to how it was doesnt seem to affect anything.

Does anyone know what it is? or have they got the same on their mk7?

I noticed a small rubber pipe next the the fuel tank underneath my mk7 on the left hand side near the rear left wheel.

Its connect by a clip to the metal pipe that comes from the fuel tank, its not connected to anything and is open ended went i bent it downward some wd40/white spirit smelling liquid came out of it. Put it back to how it was doesnt seem to affect anything.

Does anyone know what it is? or have they got the same on their mk7?

Not entirely sure there was any need for two threads on this, but anyhoo....

Only thing I can think of is that this is some form of drain or breather pipe - if it is there probably isn't too much to worry about unless you're getting a massive puddle under the car every time you use it.

If the liquid doesn't smell of fuel (which you said in the other thread)but smells chemically then it could be coolant.

Check the coolant level (see handbook for the expansion tank location and markings) and if its low, get it looked at. if the level is higher than the maximum, then all you are seeing is the excess coolant coming out of the drain hose when the car gets hot - once the level reaches the correct level you shouldn't see any more coming out unless you get the car particularly warm.

Another possible source is condensation from the aircon - if thats the case then you have absolutly nothing to worry about. If you've been using the aircon, try not using it for a few journeys and see if the liquid stops coming out of the hose.

Other sources would be the drain from the fuel filler neck, fuel tank breather or some form of engine breather - but from your descriptions it doesn't sound like you've got fuel or oil coming out.

Another possible source is condensation from the aircon - if thats the case then you have absolutly nothing to worry about. If you've been using the aircon, try not using it for a few journeys and see if the liquid stops coming out of the hose.

That's exactly what I thought when I read it.

I was always told, turn your Air Con (AC) OFF before you need to stop/park up the car.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club