Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any recommended insurance companies?

DEVSR2

Has anyone got any recommendations for insurers that support modifications aside from the usual comparison sites?

It becomes tedious trying to explain modifications to the call centre guys who aren't sure what I'm talking about..

A few people on here have mentioned Adrian Flux but they quoted me around £350 more than the cheapest price comparison site.

Any recommendations welcome!

Depends on what modifications you have. Aviva have quite a long list of "modifications" which don't need to be declared. They have been the most non performance mod friendly I have come across. And are competitive

• Like 2

15 hours ago, cjay1 said:

Depends on what modifications you have. Aviva have quite a long list of "modifications" which don't need to be declared. They have been the most non performance mod friendly I have come across. And are competitive

I've been with Aviva a good few years for this reason.

They are on comparison sites under the "Quote me happy" brand, so you can see where they fall even without a direct quote, but it's worth getting a quote direct too if that one is competitive, as Aviva can be slightly cheaper than their quote me happy brand as they don't have to pay commission to the comparison site.

Use a good old fashioned insurance broker, you explain once they do the leg work.

2 minutes ago, pragmatix said:

Use a good old fashioned insurance broker, you explain once they do the leg work.

And pay for the privilege normally?

• Like 1

Aviva won't even quote me on standard cars let alone modded ones... :unsure:  I think my occupation might be the issue though.

Greenlight are pretty good for mods as long as you've got what they consider a performance car...ST is probably fine but if you're modding a diesel or 1.0EB forget it!

There are some comparison sites that have a good mods list on them, from memory I think it's Mustard and Tiger.

As for actual recommendations...I don't think I've been with any in 10 years that I'd recommend to anyone else! :laugh: 

35 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Greenlight are pretty good for mods as long as you've got what they consider a performance car...ST is probably fine but if you're modding a diesel or 1.0EB forget it!

Sure I've seen someone on here who had insured a remapped 1.0 ecoboost with them?

56 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

And pay for the privilege normally?

Ive never paid, yes they get commision, you dont pay as such, but still cheaper than comparison sites, all my insurance is via a broker.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, pragmatix said:

all my insurance is via a broker.

I suppose it depends on whether you have a decent local broker and if you have what they see as a worthwhile package of business.

Friends of ours are still running a business with premises cover, public liability cover, etc, etc, plus several vehicles up to an HGV and also own several rental properties, so a good chunk of business there and they do very well with a broker. We used to use one when my Mrs was running her small business, but now we are low mileage wrinklies there doesn't seem much benefit as premiums are pretty low for us anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I suppose it depends on whether you have a decent local broker and if you have what they see as a worthwhile package of business.

Friends of ours are still running a business with premises cover, public liability cover, etc, etc, plus several vehicles up to an HGV and also own several rental properties, so a good chunk of business there and they do very well with a broker. We used to use one when my Mrs was running her small business, but now we are low mileage wrinklies there doesn't seem much benefit as premiums are pretty low for us anyway.

My car insurance is equally cheap no doubt £145,  the rest is house, and pet

Thanks for the replies everyone, I tried Aviva as @cjay1 first recommended and I'm gutted I didn't try them last year. £350 cheaper than the cheapest on the comparison site and loads included as standard 👍 Plus no mod fees either unlike old insurer who charged for anything.

I have been with AA for 3 years and always my best,i live close to a very/very high risk area so mine is always a good £100+ more than my mate 1 mile away so i cant win.

I'm looking to get an ST sometime next year, I'm 32 and come next year I'd of had my licence 2 years and 2 years NCB from Admiral. What insures are ST friendly, Adrian Flux? 

At the moment I'm driving a 1.4 TDCi 06 Fiesta and used to pay 129 p/m now only 96 p/m as I'm on my 2nd time with Admiral, but could've got it down to 86 without my dad lol, which I'll do next time or will the Insurers laugh at me? Lol

Hi.

Sorry we couldn't help out with a more competitive quotation but thanks for giving us a try.

Regards,

Dan.

20 hours ago, muffintastic said:

I'm looking to get an ST sometime next year, I'm 32 and come next year I'd of had my licence 2 years and 2 years NCB from Admiral. What insures are ST friendly, Adrian Flux? 

At the moment I'm driving a 1.4 TDCi 06 Fiesta and used to pay 129 p/m now only 96 p/m as I'm on my 2nd time with Admiral, but could've got it down to 86 without my dad lol, which I'll do next time or will the Insurers laugh at me? Lol

Judging by your age I don't think it'll be too bad for you. Try looking on comparison sites. I was quoted £1000 for a mk6 ST which isn't too bad at 20.

20 hours ago, muffintastic said:

If you're keeping it fairly standard Admiral should be fine with it.  I had a few mildly modified performance cars with them on just 2 NCB.  Are you doing the 10 month accelerator to get more NCB as well?

They won't laugh at you for adding relatives...do it online so there's no chance of that lol.  Seriously though, I did it for quite a few years, it works very well with Admiral group but not all insurers.  It might also be better to add a female relative instead...adding my Dad actually increased my insurance this year but adding my Mum reduced it...  Your Dad could reasonably be expected to borrow your car so there's nothing for them to laugh about...

Also, not sure if you know but you can change insurance policies mid-term.  So you can add your Dad now if you've still got several months left.  There will be an admin fee of about £30 but in your case it looks like it might save more than that over the remaining months.  You can do this easily on their online system if you've registered for that.  You can also change car mid-term, you don't need to start a new insurance policy when you change car so there's no loss of NCB.

I'm torn between a 2 door Fiesta or Focus ST 09 plates,  just despise the new shaped ST looks horrible. When I mention insurers laughing at me I mean me trying to insure a bog standard ST, I'd understand if I was 17 and just passed 😂

At the moment Admiral did say I could mod the manifold and exhaust on my 1.4 TDCi when I renewed this year and wouldnt increase my premium, and no never did an accelerator for the first year. End of the day its best to shop around. 

Basically I'm going to run the TDCi into the ground, what with Christmas coming up etc no point me buying a new motor.

Hopefully when I'm 33 and I've got 2 year NCB under my belt insurers might be kind to me. 😂 

Thanks guys. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club