Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ping: JW1982

Ennvoqation

Wilco I believe it was yourself that had a guide how to do door warning lights with LEDs? I can't seem to find the post as it's a mod I was looking to do myself.

All pictures I posted in the past about this subject are no longer visible thanks to photobuckets policy.

I will take a look this evening wheter I have some copies of these pictures on my own server.

• Like 1

No worries Photobucket screwed a lot of good posts doing that move, would a 3528 SMD strip in the reflector well and then tied into the door latch switch for power/activation work or would it have to go through the interior lights or other source? 

Thanks

Wilco will undoubtedly have a better guide than I do, but I did this mod (LEDs inside the reflector).  Actually I didn't realise anyone else had done this.

I took power from the puddle lights in the door mirrors.  Works well, but both front reflectors come on when any door is opened.

Guide available here: 

I'd be interested in how to get power from the door latch as well...

• Like 2

Thanks Phil, that proved useful information and puddle lights seems to be the way forward. Although I might try and figure out the door latch pin out when I get the door panel off. I'll probably line the reflector well with the aluminium tape I have lying around and put the strips either side to give a more even light.

16 minutes ago, Phil21185 said:

Wilco will undoubtedly have a better guide than I do, but I did this mod (LEDs inside the reflector).  Actually I didn't realise anyone else had done this.

I took power from the puddle lights in the door mirrors.  Works well, but both front reflectors come on when any door is opened.

Guide available here: 

I'd be interested in how to get power from the door latch as well...

I managed to find some of the pictures on my server:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I connected the reflector LED's in parallel with the puddle lights. 

• Like 2

Thanks to you both for the ideas and help, once I get round to it I'll post up my results.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club