Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Uneven Tyre Wear on one side , vibration at wheel

90Ninety

Basically had both front  tyres replaced on MK4.5  Mondeo , largely as  the nearside front was worn excessively on the outside edge  . I wondered why one tyre was worn on the outside edge only but the other tyre is fine , I asked the garage ( national Tyres )  to check but they couldn't find anything wrong but said for me to go to get car tested on 'Shaker Plates' 

Now after about month  with the new tyres ( apparently balanced too ) there is additional vibration occurring  on the steering wheel .   My gut feeling is there is something wrong with the strut/ coil , as there is a horrible thud on the front left ( nearside )  when going over a narrow bump quickly- the Thud sound was there before the new tyres but only occurred on bumps . 

I got the tyres to get though MOT but I wanna get the thud and potential uneven wear checked .  I guess shaker plates is the way forward here?

Have you bounced it off kerbs recently?  Shocks can bend quite easily but difficult to see by eye while on the car.

If it went through MOT fine there shouldn't be a snapped spring, leaking shock or worn ball joint/TRE which I'd usually associate with uneven wear and a thud.  Strut top mount might be failing I guess, that wouldn't necessarily be picked up during MOT as long as the bearing isn't seized.

Sounds like it could be the strut or the top mount, possible both.

Thanks , 

Is there a reputable garage that can fully inspect the strut/top mount ? National tyres said it was a big job , though I am debating having a look myself , I  have changed drive shafts, rotors/pads and bodywork myself before 

Though I dont think I could Identify problems with the strut/top mount myself . Looks like an hour's job max for a pro with tools . Maybe 2-3 hours for me , hmmm