Do Not Sell My Personal Information

B&O badge on non B&O MK8 Titanium

Hema

Hi all

Is there a reason why I have B&O badge on my driver's door speaker, it's not B&O edition. 

The car is 2017 Titanium MK8 that i bought used.

It's equipped with adaptive cruise and auto park. Also there is a spare wheel. ( Thats why im sure it's not a B&O Titanium)

Also no badge on center speaker...

Any ideas why there is a B&O badge ?

Thank you in advance 

Any sign of a DSP under the driver's seat or a sub under the boot carpet?

If not, perhaps the door card has been replaced sometime, and they fit a B&O version my mistake?

42 minutes ago, Hema said:

Hi all

Is there a reason why I have B&O badge on my driver's door speaker, it's not B&O edition. 

It's equipped with adaptive cruise and auto park. Also there is a spare wheel. ( Thats why im sure it's not a B&O Titanium)

Thank you in advance 

No idea but mine has all the things you mention that a real B&o upgraded stereo version should have, e.g all the front Speakers are badged and the sub in the wheel-well.

Maybe it's had a door card replaced like Alex mentioned, or they bought a sticker to be cool.

4 hours ago, Hema said:

Hi all

Thank you in advance 

Some people have taken the sub out of the boot to fit a spare wheel - have you got a speaker in the centre of the windscreen  - behind the Sync 3 display screen

2 hours ago, Tiexen said:

Some people have taken the sub out of the boot to fit a spare wheel - have you got a speaker in the centre of the windscreen  - behind the Sync 3 display screen

yes, but no badge on it....? if seen on some pictures that they should have it.

i will check for the DSP under the driver's seat tomorrow. 

The "non" B&O cars don't have that centre speaker - have a look in the boot see if you have the sub cable in the wheel well

Not true. My non B&O does have the centre speaker and no badges or boot sub

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bravem01 said:

My non B&O does have the centre speaker and no badges or boot sub

Mine too. I seem to remember much discussion over this issue when the Mk 8 first appeared, mostly caused by some confusing information in the brochure regarding number of Speakers. Iirc the non B&O Titanium and ST-L X certainly had the centre front speaker and it also came on cars where the nav/8" screen package was selected as an optional extra.

3 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Mine too. I seem to remember much discussion over this issue when the Mk 8 first appeared, mostly caused by some confusing information in the brochure regarding number of speakers. Iirc the non B&O Titanium and ST-L X certainly had the centre front speaker and it also came on cars where the nav/8" screen package was selected as an optional extra.

Just checked some of pictures of my previous MK8 Titanium non B&o and it had the centre speaker too. 

• 1 year later...

2020 Mk8 St Line Mhev has B&O badges on the Speakers. No speaker in the wheel well though. Must have moved it somewhere else.

My 2019 Mk8 St Line has the centre speaker also...

34 minutes ago, Dragunov404 said:

I have B&O in my Fiesta ST, but no B&O badge on grill of door speakers

Another cost cutting measure they’ve implemented on newer builds. 

Wouldn't worry about it. In 1974 Bang and Olufsen made good gear. I have about fifteen bits of it and used to hold an archive of Danish circuit diagrams. The old Gloucester office used occasionally to ask me if I had the odd rare one and I was always glad to help. These days B&O is just a brand badge on Samsung electronics, nothing to get excited about, alas.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2021 at 7:56 PM, alexp999 said:

Yeah, there is still place for a badge, those little circle which is situated deeper inside the grill, but logo is gone

Odd that, my car has an ST badge, but it's not really an ST LOL

566732691_STbadge.thumb.jpg.afdae030a3eaa785cb6aeeec8ac8ee90.jpg

• Haha 1

On 7/10/2021 at 7:56 PM, alexp999 said:

Yeah, they called it standardization at dealership.

I wonder where to find this OEM logos?

Here it's a 3-doors, only center speaker on dash has the logo.

Subwoofer is no longer on spare wheel location but behind a grill as in my Mondeo, but still a tyre reparation kit instead of a decent wheel 😄

But it has 10 Speakers and a woofer 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club