Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Centre console refurb on MK2.5

Jon Bhoy

The silver centre console has seen better days sadly.Have a parrot phone system that the screen holder was by the side of the stereo and i was a little messy with super glue and its messed up the fascia so need to do something with the surround to bring it back and also the centre cover coming from the centre box to the far side of the gear stick , switch surround and small flip up storage box all need doing too.

Couple of questions . Firstly would you say better to get it repainted or covered with film ? Im not into carbon fibre looks etc so are there any go to films that are very close colour wise to the original colour at all ?

Secondly ,i am able to get the stereo surround cover off but is there an easy way to get the small storage box out?And how doi you get the centre cover running around gear stick and handbrake out ? Is it tricky ?

Many thanks everyone.

• Like 1

The silver centre console has seen better days sadly.Have a parrot phone system that the screen holder was by the side of the stereo and i was a little messy with super glue and its messed up the fascia so need to do something with the surround to bring it back and also the centre cover coming from the centre box to the far side of the gear stick , switch surround and small flip up storage box all need doing too.

Couple of questions . Firstly would you say better to get it repainted or covered with film ? Im not into carbon fibre looks etc so are there any go to films that are very close colour wise to the original colour at all ?
Secondly ,i am able to get the stereo surround cover off but is there an easy way to get the small storage box out?And how doi you get the centre cover running around gear stick and handbrake out ? Is it tricky ?

Many thanks everyone.

Take a look at my guide links.
I've a couple there concerning console fitting and strip down.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Take a look at my guide links.
I've a couple there concerning console fitting and strip down.

Brilliant Clive , many thanks.I will go grab a cuppa and have a look.

Lenny,i see what you did there mate! 😉

• Thanks 1

Just to clarify i didnt want to take the whole centre console out,just the silver top cover to maybe wrap it . I have just pulled gently on it and wondered is it not just clipped onto the main console and removeable if i remove the under armrest box and the storage box nearer the gearstick ? Sorry on the road at the moment otherwise id get a pic of what i mean etc.

51 minutes ago, Jon Bhoy said:

Just to clarify i didnt want to take the whole centre console out,just the silver top cover to maybe wrap it . I have just pulled gently on it and wondered is it not just clipped onto the main console and removeable if i remove the under armrest box and the storage box nearer the gearstick ? Sorry on the road at the moment otherwise id get a pic of what i mean etc

The gearstick part pulls off from the very front nearest the cup holders work your way around it unclips you need to also separate the chrome trim but be careful it's attached to the gear gator and can snap very easily. If I remember correctly the stereo needs to come out to do the center console and the center part is attached with 2 screws either that or it just pops off but stereo gets in the way. Mines was horrid when I got the car somebody had spilled an air freshener on it or something that left a non removable mark so I just painted mines it's not the best but may wrap it at some point.

IMG_20190531_091526.jpg

DSC_0002.thumb.JPG.34dd644152ffb14f70d39556f8dc41c2.jpeg

1 hour ago, F0CUE said:

The gearstick part pulls off from the very front nearest the cup holders work your way around it unclips you need to also separate the chrome trim but be careful it's attached to the gear gator and can snap very easily. If I remember correctly the stereo needs to come out to do the center console and the center part is attached with 2 screws either that or it just pops off but stereo gets in the way. Mines was horrid when I got the car somebody had spilled an air freshener on it or something that left a non removable mark so I just painted mines it's not the best but may wrap it at some point.

IMG_20190531_091526.jpg

DSC_0002.thumb.JPG.34dd644152ffb14f70d39556f8dc41c2.jpeg

Hiya Ian,many thanks for your reply.

Yeah ive changed the stereo over so that part of the fascia i have managed and can remove the part with the windscreen heating buttons on.Then funny enough last week changed the gator and gear knob which was easy enough.Its just wondering about trim and how the long piece comes off and how tricky is it to remove the start button.

On 9/23/2019 at 3:32 AM, Stoney871 said:

Removing a 12v Socket and Console Trim From A MK2.5 Focus..pdfUnavailable

Hi Clive,

Many thanks for the link and the page of links which look very helpful . However two things.Firstly i just want to lift off the silver carbon fibre looking part in your pictures,do i have to remove the full console to do so to just wrap that part ? Secondly as its a starter button and not a 12v socket does it just unclip once the trim is off and some how disconnect it somewhere?

Many thanks mate

The top panel is bonded to the upper console at various points with melted lugs.
To seperate them you need to break the melted bits off then re-attach with hot glue or suchlike.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

The top panel is bonded to the upper console at various points with melted lugs.
To seperate them you need to break the melted bits off then re-attach with hot glue or suchlike.

ah so it actually really is a pain in the backside to take off 😞 Thanks for that mate,that was the info i was after.So im guessing that part is a case of a wrap in situ.

Indeed.
Peobably find the best trick is a decent heat gun to manipulate the wrap and a bent plastic card to help move the wrap under the edges.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club