kmoore04uk

SD card\Sync 2

Hi, 

Could someone let me know if I can change the sd card from one car to another. The situation is that we have a Focus titanium x (on a 15 plate) which is sync 2 and has Sat Nav and we have a Kuga titanium x (16 Plate) which is also Sync 2 which does not have sat nav. The 2 screens and  set up are identical. Is it possible just to take the card from the focus and load it into the kuga without causing any problems? We don't really need Sat in the Focus but I would like it in the Kuga.

You can transfer the card across but is nav enabled on the other car?
If not then contact@Bannko, he'll guide you through setting it up.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

@kmoore04uk in general the SDcard is not connected to the specific vehicle so you can try also in Kuga without causing any damage.

But the SDcard holds only EU maps not the navigation itself. So if Sync2 in Kuga is a non nav unit (in the top right corner it says "system information" instead of "navigation") it won't work at all because simply, it is a non nav unit. But there is a way how to enable the sat nav in Sync2 and it requires a very very little bit of programming viab OBD port, so if you might wanna try just PM me. 

Cheers 

I was just about to ask the same question, just picked up a 66 plate titanium sport with sync 2. Is it easy to turn to sat nav. Is there no point buying a SD card for maps ? 

Dose that mean I have sat nav and just need SD card ? 
796DC0D0-8575-4406-B55A-F3E997B401AE.thumb.jpeg.c5e8a811a3fb0b66d6cbce9f058648b9.jpeg
Yes

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hi, how much does it cost for a sd card for a 66 kuga titanium x sport