Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SD card\Sync 2

kmoore04uk

Hi, 

Could someone let me know if I can change the sd card from one car to another. The situation is that we have a Focus titanium x (on a 15 plate) which is sync 2 and has Sat Nav and we have a Kuga titanium x (16 Plate) which is also Sync 2 which does not have sat nav. The 2 screens and  set up are identical. Is it possible just to take the card from the focus and load it into the kuga without causing any problems? We don't really need Sat in the Focus but I would like it in the Kuga.

You can transfer the card across but is nav enabled on the other car?
If not then contact@Bannko, he'll guide you through setting it up.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@kmoore04uk in general the SDcard is not connected to the specific vehicle so you can try also in Kuga without causing any damage.

But the SDcard holds only EU maps not the navigation itself. So if Sync2 in Kuga is a non nav unit (in the top right corner it says "system information" instead of "navigation") it won't work at all because simply, it is a non nav unit. But there is a way how to enable the sat nav in Sync2 and it requires a very very little bit of programming viab OBD port, so if you might wanna try just PM me. 

Cheers 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I was just about to ask the same question, just picked up a 66 plate titanium sport with sync 2. Is it easy to turn to sat nav. Is there no point buying a SD card for maps ? 

@Jonesy2 as i wrote above, you can buy it but only if you decide to activate the navigation in your unit. 

• Like 1

Dose that mean I have sat nav and just need SD card ? 
796DC0D0-8575-4406-B55A-F3E997B401AE.thumb.jpeg.c5e8a811a3fb0b66d6cbce9f058648b9.jpeg
Yes

Yes, SD card is all you need 🙂 the nav is already there. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, how much does it cost for a sd card for a 66 kuga titanium x sport 

• 1 month later...

Hi @bannko 

I'm unsure how to pm you on here regarding sync 2 navigation for Kuga could you please contact me.

Many thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for hijacking this thread. I’m new and a new owner as well. I too have just purchased a 2016 titanium sport with sat nav. Where is the sd card located? I pick it up on Sunday morning btw. I noticed there was one in the center rest next to 2 usbs. But it didn’t feel like there was a sd card in there. The navigation was working as well.

There is only one sd card slot . If the nav is working then the SD card will be in the slot. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Bannko I see you are a true legend could you please send me the info to put the satnav software in my kuga. This will be much appreciated. Thanks

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/22/2019 at 11:05 AM, Stoney871 said:

You can transfer the card across but is nav enabled on the other car?
If not then contact@Bannko, he'll guide you through setting it up.

@Bannko can you contact me please as I also require your help

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi I have just purchased the Ford kuga titanium 2016 also,what sd card should i buy dies anyone know?

• 6 months later...

Hi @Bannko I have a 2016 Kuga titanium and also want to upgrade to have the satnav software please. Thanks in advance

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, please can someone assist me. I have a 2017 66 plate with Sync2 but no nav, I've read a few posts saying you can activate the nav system, how do I do this please? Any help will be massively appreciated 

Hi I have just bought a ford kuga and the sd card won’t work it keeps saying enter a valid sd card 

any advice from anyone thanks 

Talk to Bannko. He will sort you out with this. I did it last year and no problems at all

• Like 1

@Bannko Hi there. You come highly recommended,😀 just wondered if you could help me? I would like to upgrade my sync2 to have nav if possible? Any support will be greatly appreciated 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2021 at 12:16 PM, kmoore04uk said:

Talk to Bannko. He will sort you out with this. I did it last year and no problems at all

That's great thank you

• 3 months later...
On 5/4/2020 at 1:10 PM, Antony culver said:

@Bannko can you contact me please as I also require your help

@Bannko Any chance of some help please , same bought one no ***** sat nav , just system information ? Thanks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Bannko just bought a 2016 Ford Kuga titanium x sports model and has no sat nav. Is there anyway you could possibly send me details on how to install it please . Would love to have it

• Like 1

On 5/29/2021 at 7:40 AM, Treasa said:

@Bannko just bought a 2016 Ford Kuga titanium x sports model and has no sat nav. Is there anyway you could possibly send me details on how to install it please . Would love to have it

@BannkoApologies but unable to see what you sent. Error code showing. Could it possibly be sent directly to email please?? Treasa6@hotmail.com

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club