jaketurner4370

Fiesta MK7.5 cheap, non-performance mods

Recommended Posts

I have a 2015 Fiesta, 1.25L Zetec in Frozen White. This thread will document some cheap modifications that I will be doing to it to transform it from a stock Fiesta into something with at least a little character.

There's not much I can do performance-wise, partly for insurance purposes and partly because it's only 82bhp, and I feel like it wouldn't be worth my time and effort - it's never going to be fast

I've got a few ideas already, mainly bumper/skirt upgrades as the stock Fiesta (non-ecoboost, non-ST etc.) bodykit is, in my opinion, no where near aggresive enough for a Fiesta. This does pose some issues, however, as I don't want it to look like I'm trying to make it look like an ST, ecoboost etc. (I won't be adding an ST/S/ecoboost badge for example), but they are more aggresive-looking and the parts are available to me, so it will ultimately end up looking closer to one of the above.

I will be documenting each thing I do, with information around where it's from and how much it cost etc.

I'm currently waiting on some HEKO wind deflectors to be delivered, they were £29.45 from eBay, and I'll post a picture once they're on the car.

IMG_6538.thumb.JPG.7b025fc4dbcec86b0fdd1a51309fbe94.JPG

She's called Felicia, by the way!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I let this one slide pretty quickly...

I've put the wind deflectors on, and I'm in love. I've since bought a pair for my brother for his Navara D22, and persuaded a mate to buy some for his Corsa D. I could never go back to a car without them! Well worth the £30 I paid for them. Easily installed, there's plenty of videos on the internet that show you how.

I also have upgraded all the lights to LEDs. I'm talking everything. Fogs, dipped, full beam, indicators, dome lights, boot light, everything. I have the rear fog bulb but yet to install as I rarely use it and it's a job I couldn't be bothered to do. I bought the Autobeam Full Performance Kit, and it was pretty damn easy to install. The most difficult bit was trying to figure out how the full beam lights fit into the unit, but I figured it out after eventually finding a video that explained it well. Apparently, most people just tend to upgrade the main beam and only install that?

I've also upgraded my footmats to Ford's Titanium mats, for a slightly nicer finish. The 'cognac' contrast stitching adds a nice touch, too.

I'll get some photos of the lights and everything soon, I'm a photographer so I'm planning a 'shoot' with the car soon. I'll get them up on this thread once I've done so.

Next steps, I'm thinking new seats. Not bucket seats, that would be pointless for a car of this spec, but possibly from a Fiesta Titanium that's parts/breaking. Considering leather, but not 100% on that yet. If I did, does anyone have any experience on installing heated seats into a car that doesn't have them? Is it way too much trouble that it's worth? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not sure if anyone will see this here, but can anyone help me with removing the chrome trim from the fog light surround? I’ve found a video showing how to remove the whole surround, but can I just pry the chrome trim off? Would it be easier to take the whole surround off and see if there’s a clip I can access from behind?

3EADF592-DA76-4893-AFDF-EDDF06DE0447.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, jaketurner4370 said:

I’m not sure if anyone will see this here, but can anyone help me with removing the chrome trim from the fog light surround? I’ve found a video showing how to remove the whole surround, but can I just pry the chrome trim off? Would it be easier to take the whole surround off and see if there’s a clip I can access from behind?

3EADF592-DA76-4893-AFDF-EDDF06DE0447.jpeg

It's clipped on from behind, remove the whole surround and they you can just pop it off.

You can try from the front but you're likely to damage something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2020 at 5:45 PM, TomsFocus said:

It's clipped on from behind, remove the whole surround and they you can just pop it off.

You can try from the front but you're likely to damage something.

Thanks for this - admittedly I didn’t see this and worked it out myself though.

 Painted all the front grille and surrounds matt black and I have to say, I love how it looks. I was never a fan of the chrome, and a lot cheaper than buying a honeycomb grille.

84A92D0F-D1BB-4519-8C04-08949B784D8E.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jaketurner4370 said:

Thanks for this - admittedly I didn’t see this and worked it out myself though.

 Painted all the front grille and surrounds matt black and I have to say, I love how it looks. I was never a fan of the chrome, and a lot cheaper than buying a honeycomb grille.

84A92D0F-D1BB-4519-8C04-08949B784D8E.jpeg

No worries.  Looks good, I've always hated the faded grey colour the grills leave the factory with! :smile: 

I did wince at the screws through the 4D plates though!! 😮 :laugh: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2020 at 9:07 AM, TomsFocus said:

No worries.  Looks good, I've always hated the faded grey colour the grills leave the factory with! :smile: 

I did wince at the screws through the 4D plates though!! 😮 :laugh: 

Oh, I know, but I was concerned that I’d get it wrong if I stuck the plates on!

I was looking at doing the chrome trim under the windows but apparently it’s bonded to the window frame, so I’d have to tape it up and do it that way. Maybe a job for another day 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/3/2020 at 9:07 AM, TomsFocus said:

I did wince at the screws through the 4D plates though!! 😮 :laugh: 

 

My car came with those when it was delivered. Some coloured fold over plastic caps made them look a lot better. Funnily enough my local Post Office sells them in packets of 50 for £1 in yellow, white and black, You may need to swap the screws for ones with a smaller head or just file down the heads of the existing ones, to get the caps to fit.

IMG_20200504_112751_hdr.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

My car came with those when it was delivered. Some coloured fold over plastic caps made them look a lot better. Funnily enough my local Post Office sells them in packets of 50 for £1 in yellow, white and black, You may need to swap the screws for ones with a smaller head or just file down the heads of the existing ones, to get the caps to fit.

IMG_20200504_112751_hdr.jpg

I would have used foam pads or plate holders...those 4D plates cost about £40 and have nice crisp edges, it's such a shame to drill through them at all. :sad:  Bit like buying a lovely Picasso and hammering nails through it to wall mount it! :laugh:

But as they're already drilled now, black covers would be a definite improvement! :smile: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.