stuartcooper90

Door Replacement - Central locking

Unfortunately someone crashed into the side of my car and drove off and left me no choice but to get this fixed myself.

I got a quote for a new door and a touch up of the other door with a cost of £980 for a brand new door and £640 for a second hand door.

I then found the exact same door on Ebay for £100 I am just worried that if I fit the door myself, will the central locking still work??

untitled.png

Yep, as it's the rear door it should just be a simple plug & play swap.  (With a front you have to change the lock barrel).

The only thing is to make sure it's the same spec as your original.  As you've got a Zetec S I'll assume no rear electric windows for example.

Also for £100 that might only be a bare door, not including the rear door module?  The module can be swapped from your own door if that's the case though, as long as the impact hasn't damaged the electronics. 

24 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Yep, as it's the rear door it should just be a simple plug & play swap.  (With a front you have to change the lock barrel).

The only thing is to make sure it's the same spec as your original.  As you've got a Zetec S I'll assume no rear electric windows for example.

Also for £100 that might only be a bare door, not including the rear door module?  The module can be swapped from your own door if that's the case though, as long as the impact hasn't damaged the electronics. 

Thanks for the reply, good to know its a simple as that!

Exactly same door from a zetec s with tinted windows. I have got them to include the internal door card at no extra cost 🙂