Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus mk2 boot light

scottandcoops

Is there any chance can do anything with my boot light its terrible only got one aswell anyway to add two or something else mind the stuff in boot it's work stuff lol. 7a8eef1ab2228cc3482509caa2ccc06b.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

I thought that there no way to put another in

If it's anything like the MK3 you should be able to pop the clear lens off with something like an electrical screwdriver. The bulb holder should just be attached, probably a W5 style bulb. You can find heaps of LED equivalents on eBay for next to nothing. It makes the world of difference.

Of course if you want, you could splice another pair of wires in the existing ones and run another bulb to the other side. You should be able to pick up the lamp assembly pretty cheaply too...

• Like 1

If it's anything like the MK3 you should be able to pop the clear lens off with something like an electrical screwdriver. The bulb holder should just be attached, probably a W5 style bulb. You can find heaps of LED equivalents on eBay for next to nothing. It makes the world of difference.

Of course if you want, you could splice another pair of wires in the existing ones and run another bulb to the other side. You should be able to pick up the lamp assembly pretty cheaply too...
Why didn't I think of that idea seems silly to only have one tiny light on one side

Yes as above I just spliced into the wiring and added an led strip and it lights up the whole boot now.

31 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

Yes as above I just spliced into the wiring and added an led strip and it lights up the whole boot now.

My mate fitted led strips in my van and it lights up the whole street now!

• Haha 2

The Halfords 501 leds are perfect for this. The lens actually just pops out from closest to the seat, get your nail in there and it's easy enough. Adding a second is very easy too, all you need to do is splice in to the current wires and run from the original ones over to the other side where you can just cut a small rectangle (use a tic-tac box or something to make a template from the original hole!) And fit another bulb lens/holder (a scrap car was free for me to yank the original from to use as my second).

You can run the wires back from where you splice, behind the trim closest the boot lock and then back up to the left side, cheap speaker wire is more than good enough for this, but I recommend a couple of metres from a diy shop simply to have colour coding at the other end..  Some before and after on mine. Crap pics, but its something:

20190818_205749.jpg

20190818_210023.jpg

20190818_210518.jpg

• Like 2

Looks great; I used to have two until I fitted a sub enclosure,

Also very easy to add a 12V socket in the boot I've created a guide for that aswell as the boot light:

Link: https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/68214-full-list-lennys-guides/ 

• Like 2

On 9/26/2019 at 12:24 AM, Lenny said:

Also very easy to add a 12V socket

+1! That was another thing that was on the cards but I never actually managed to get around to; the Focus is just lovely to work on!

Going to look at adding one to my mk3.5 now soon though..

Seriously have a good gander at Lenny's guides, you'll have a field day!

@scottandcoops

• Thanks 1

Thank guys very good work IL get started today I think. Alway good to get some good guides and help thank you.

• Like 2