Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Misting up windows

HollyFaye

Please any ideas why it mists up and it's not all the time .

Have tryed this . Heated windscreen button , with all 4 main vents turned off.

Air con on max that works but wife gets cold so that soon gets knocked  off.

Max heat button . 

Pls help

Aircon doesn't have to be cold...change the temp with the temp knob/buttons (whatever you have)

Also, make sure the glass is clean, mists up less.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Frembrit said:

Aircon doesn't have to be cold...change the temp with the temp knob/buttons (whatever you have)

Also, make sure the glass is clean, mists up less.

+1 it's often thought that aircon is all about cooling, when it is also very effective at demisting on a higher temperature. 

Other thoughts - make sure airflow is not set to recirculate, check for any blockages underbonnet which could allow damp air to enter, check for any signs of damp within the car which could mean a leak. Have also heard of incorrectly fitted pollen filters causing issues.

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/25/2019 at 3:31 PM, HollyFaye said:

Air con on max that works but wife gets cold so that soon gets knocked  off.

Max heat button . 

Pls help

Can't help you I'm afraid but will be following with interest as I have always had similar problems with both my current vehicles (Mondeo Mk3 and with my Citroen Berlingo). 

i always get a lot of condensation on the inside of the windscreens first thing in the mornings when the weather turns colder - it's started last week! Spend about 5 minutes mopping down with a microfibre cloth while the heater blower warms up before I can safely drive off.  Is this common with all cars? 

On 9/25/2019 at 2:31 PM, HollyFaye said:

If you get persistent condensation despite the screen heater and all air flow to the screen, then either you have a lake of water in one of the footwells (I have had this!), or the heater re-circ system is misbehaving. If the re-circ flap closes, then you will get condensation. The air con will clear the condensation even with re-circ on, as it physically removes the water.

I would also check if the screen heater is working. An easy initial check is that with the engine idling, the battery voltage should drop a little (0.1v to 0.5v) when the heater is turned on, and rise when turned off. This is not a great test, one element could be gone, but it does give some indication.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club