Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Fordpass app recommended tyre pressures

Guy Heaton

This app now gives recommended tyre pressures vastly different than those printed on the plate on the door pillar.  

This doesn't seem like a good thing.

Agreed. The App says mine should have 3-4psi less than indicated on door plate and in manual. I always knew this app was a load of rubbish it  must have been written by the same idiots that have screwed up the maps download for lots of us.

Of course they do but manufacturers figures are based on actual axle loads plus average weights for passengers and luggage etc so should be more reliable.

I'm going with the plate as the tyres are the original fit.  30,26 feels way too low 

There must be a mistake in the App because mine are showing at 30,26 Psi also, and my Plate figure is 38,38 for my 195 65 16 tyres.  

I put a note into Ford and they emailed asking for screenshots.  I sent them and said other people had the issue too.

There is another update out today. I updated and the problem is still there.

Is this app actually useful?

Not trying to be negative, I have never used it before.

What kind of info can people see about their vehicles? Range? Tyre pressures? 

Can you control vehicle functions (windows, engine, lights) remotely?

You can remote start from the app but I have disabled that in the car. Epic security hole.

You can lock, unlock, see range, location. 

Location and owners manual useful I think. Rest of it pointless.

• Like 1

@IncontroAs well as what @Guy Heatonsaid, It is worth downloading and keeping it on Force Stop (where it stays unlike some bloatware on phones) until the time comes when some of the features could potentially be very useful.

The Car Location could be useful if say your partner breaks down in your car in the middle of nowhere or you want to check that your children are where they should be. I have also been in strange towns myself and after driving around for ages I have had trouble remembering which of the identical side streets off side streets I parked my car on.

The Tyre Pressure monitor could be useful if you have one of those annoying slow punctures and need to know if you need to leave the house a few minutes early to put some more air in them or not, just depends on how hectic your lifestyle is.

It's a bit like the get you out of trouble tools that some people have, you might only use them once or twice but when it is a Sunday afternoon and you need to get a job finished because you have work the next day you are so glad that you did have them.

• Like 1

Thanks guys.

John, the tyre pressure monitor, does it show in PSI/Bar the pressure for all four tyres individually? If so that's pretty good to have.

Guy, how did you disable the remote start in your car? Through the vehicle settings menu somehow, or via some other more complicated way (e.g. writing config to the ECU).

No idea how the location would work, surely the car has to have a SIM card for it to send location data to a central server somewhere.

Tyre monitor in app shows 4 tyres individually. Sync3 has vodafone sim card to enable live traffic updates etc and for pass app of course. Didnt know you could disable remote start be interested to know how.

Remote start can be disabled from vehicle settings in the car menu yes 

The car does have a sim, it's how it gets live traffic.  You can even hotspot a whole free 3Gb data through it, wow.

3 hours ago, Incontro said:

John, the tyre pressure monitor, does it show in PSI/Bar the pressure for all four tyres individually?

Yes it shows each wheel individually and you can change from PSI to Bar in the general settings. As far as I know, what it shows when you open the App is what was happening when the car was last stopped, but there is a refresh button and I presume that you will get an the current pressure if you refresh it. I will do a before and after check the morning after the next time I do a long journey.

The Location accuracy is about the same as Google Maps, within 5-10m and it shows an address within this tolerance.

As I was trying to say before it is a good thing to have on your phone and keep it Forced Stopped in case you ever need it. 

Most of you seem to have a 2019 new-shape Focus, I did some quick research and it appears that the Vodafone SIM connected cars are mostly Fords from 2018 and onwards...

So not sure mine has internet connectivity even though it has Sync3, but I'll give the app a go as you suggested

Just been pointed in the direction of this thread by Tizer.

I have 215/50 R17 Tyres on my Titanium X Mk4 and have always inflated them (normal load/cold) to 33psi front and 33psi rear as per the handbook and the sticker on driver side B pillar.

However, as others have said the Ford Pass app appears to be wrong and recommends the following pressures when cold. 

Front 30psi and rear 26psi which appear low and contradictory to the handbook.

So, after reading this thread I am assuming that 33psi front and 33psi rear are indeed correct for normal load when cold.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club