Do Not Sell My Personal Information

repair kit for Ford Fiesta

Johnfieasta

When you have used the kit for a flat tyre is the tyre reusable?

i would appreciate a reply as I have not had this car long thank you.

I believe so, it just depends what caused the deflation. If it's a repairable puncture or leaking bead/valve then yes, but the tyre may need cleaning out plus new valve /balancing (I'd let the tyre place know first). If the puncture isn't repairable or the tyre has been damaged by running it flat then it will be new tyre time.

Hello Ted thanks for your quick reply. Have you used a kit form? Or do you have a spare wheel.

Hello Ted thanks for your quick reply. Have you used a kit form? Or do you have a spare wheel.

I had a spare wheel (space saver) on my Focus and have a full size spare on my new whip. In over 5 years of ownership of my Focus I only needed the spare once.

Colleagues have used a tyre inflater can and had it explode over them - granted it was -5 outside and the can was rather cold - against the directions that say it needs to be above a certain temperature.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

That’s very interesting and your wheel change for that period of time five years. It would be encouraging to have some of the members views on this subject. I am now thinking about purchasing a spare wheel although my mileage is very low. Next going to to see how much to get a new alloy spare. Well you have enlightened me and well worth using ford owners club site thank Ted.take care John.

That’s very interesting and your wheel change for that period of time five years. It would be encouraging to have some of the members views on this subject. I am now thinking about purchasing a spare wheel although my mileage is very low. Next going to to see how much to get a new alloy spare. Well you have enlightened me and well worth using ford owners club site thank Ted.take care John.
My parents on the other hand have used theirs many times due to low profile alloys and roads full of pot holes.

I personally wouldn't be without a spare, but I do close to 11k miles per year, and therefore mobility is a must (hence now driving an AWD capable vehicle with all season tyres). If you only do short, inner city journeys, then you may be better off with a tyre kit and a breakdown service, or maybe fitting run flats.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Johnfieasta said:

When you have used the kit for a flat tyre is the tyre reusable?

I have heard of tyre fitters garages/refusing to repair them on the grounds that the "gunge" inside makes it difficult to accurately assess the full extent of the damage.

Hello Roger, 

that’s not good news having to buy a new tyre is very expensive, I have looked up a replacement Spare tyre is the cheaper option.

I live near the M20 and do use quite often and having a flat on that motor way does scare me.

6 minutes ago, Johnfieasta said:

I live near the M20 and do use quite often and having a flat on that motor way does scare me.

I have the same fears and so far, have always managed to buy a car with a spare, even if only a spacesaver.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club