Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone know of a 3" smartphone?

StephenFord

I am looking for a smartphone with a 3" screen (maybe even a 3.5"?). I know there are several old discontinued models such as the Samsung Galaxy Y, or the Apple iPhone 3, but am interested in something that is current and still for sale. Anyone know of such a thing?

Samsung Young screen was that size, dunno if they still make them.  Got one in a cupboard somewhere.

• Like 1

Yes, that's the one I was looking at, but it's 8 years old now so the op system and battery life are pretty unspectacular. That's exactly the size I'm interested in but desiring a current model...

Samsung_Galaxy_Young_S6310.thumb.jpg.0da97133710ece1270706572b0b5a3d7.jpg

Any reason it has to be that small?  Most phones seem to be two-handers these days!  Odd considering I thought the large screen was for people to watch p... :unsure: :laugh: 

I had a HTC Wildfire S back in about 2012 with a 3" screen...it was too small to read anything or touch the correct 'button' in all honesty. 

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Any reason it has to be that small?  Most phones seem to be two-handers these days!  Odd considering I thought the large screen was for people to watch p... :unsure: :laugh: 

I had a HTC Wildfire S back in about 2012 with a 3" screen...it was too small to read anything or touch the correct 'button' in all honesty. 

I already own a laptop, have no desire to carry one in my pocket LOL I currently use a 12 year old Nokia 6700 slide. It's 'footprint' is miniscule and I don't want a phone any bigger. Have been waiting for a smartphone with a folding screen, but people don't seem to object to carrying around a 6" screen with them so that's probably why they're spending no money in developing one! I have very basic needs, reading the odd email, writing texts (I send about 10/month!), and of course, making the odd telephone call LOL The battery life of my Nokia is about 10 days, my partner is lucky if she can get a full day from her iPhone!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I already own a laptop, have no desire to carry one in my pocket

Lol, I thought the same until I got one...  It's so much easier to be able to be able to use phone apps when out or on the loo (don't want the laptop in there lol!).  There's literally an app for everything these days!

I've got a 6" now, and it is too big to use one-handed, but it's easier to read and hit the correct 'buttons'.  I think my Mum's phone is even bigger than that...but it's not so bad for women as they have handbags...our pockets are going to need to made bigger if they carry on growing at this rate! :lol: 

10 texts a month is roughly 10 more than I send! :laugh:  And I don't make calls at all.  My phone is purely for internet and taking pictures so the big screen is useful.  I tend to get 3-4 days per charge with normal use, but that drops if I take a lot of pictures or videos.  I've never run of charge though, modern battery tech is always improving, I don't know what batteries Apple are using! 

Also very impressed you've got a 12 year old slider phone...how is that ribbon cable still holding on?  My D900i failed under 4 years old. :sad: 

27 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Also very impressed you've got a 12 year old slider phone...how is that ribbon cable still holding on?  My D900i failed under 4 years old. :sad: 

The Nokia slider is 100% LOL I also have an elderly Palm T3 (You may have to google it!) in weekly use and after 15 years, it's ribbon is still going fine too. I think young Greta would be proud of me 🤣

3 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

The Nokia slider is 100% LOL I also have an elderly Palm T3 (You may have to google it!) in weekly use and after 15 years, it's ribbon is still going fine too. I think young Greta would be proud of me 🤣

Haha, I definitely had to Google that!!  I remember my Uncle having a similar PDA around 20 years ago which seemed very futuristic at the time! :biggrin:  There's definitely some irony in you saying you don't want a laptop in your pocket but carrying a PDA though... :tongue: 

I'm not sure Greta would be proud of any of us on a car forum! :lol: 

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

There's definitely some irony in you saying you don't want a laptop in your pocket but carrying a PDA though... :tongue: 

I'm not sure Greta would be proud of any of us on a car forum! :lol: 

Yes, that does sound odd when I read it back, though I don't carry the PDA around with me (I use to a decade ago though!). I just use it now to sync files from an upstairs office to my downstairs laptop - I'm very old school and only trust clouds to deliver rain LOL Oh, my Focus is 15 years old, and oddly passes  the new London ULEZ zone. Also, if I drove it around for another 20 years, the carbon footprint will still be less than the manufacture of a single battery car. But you're right, St Greta would prefer I trade it in for a pogo stick LOL 😀

2 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Yes, that does sound odd when I read it back, though I don't carry the PDA around with me (I use to a decade ago though!). I just use it now to sync files from an upstairs office to my downstairs laptop - I'm very old school and only trust clouds to deliver rain LOL Oh, my Focus is 15 years old, and oddly passes  the new London ULEZ zone. Also, if I drove it around for another 20 years, the carbon footprint will still be less than the manufacture of a single battery car. But you're right, St Greta would prefer I trade it in for a pogo stick LOL 😀

I like the idea of a downstairs laptop...laptops are pretty portable! :biggrin:  I must admit, I don't trust the cloud either though! :ninja:  

The ULEZ zone is only to tackle diesels really...pretty much all of the petrol's still in daily use will be exempt.  For now anyway...until they suddenly realise how disgusting petrol's are again... :rolleyes:

The vibrations from all the pogo sticks would be as bad as fracking, we'd all best just stay perfectly still... :wink:  

• Like 1

Guess what I just got myself! Yep, an old Samsung, but brand new. I love folks that get upgrades every 6 months and stick it in a drawer and forget about it. May be 7 years old, but will do me fine and I suppose it's the smallest footprint I'll get in a smartphone having a 3" screen. Happy bunny 😀

1559192427_phonecomparisonLoRes.thumb.jpg.2362dd1f81d4e880ca1c9e24fa8d4af0.jpg

• Like 1

Doro  do a flip smart phone with  2.8" screen the 7060 mother in law has one..

7 minutes ago, pragmatix said:

Doro  do a flip smart phone with  2.8" screen the 7060 mother in law has one..

Thanks, but all sorted now, and I'm betting the Doro cost more than £10 LOL

4 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Thanks, but all sorted now, and I'm betting the Doro cost more than £10 LOL

Yes it does😂

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my love affair of my 'new' phone has been short lived. I love the small screen, however, on taking her a spin out yesterday and connecting to many 'public' WiFi networks, I keep getting the attached error. - totally negates the reason why I considered a 'smartphone' in the first place, Error is phone related as my fiancees iPhone (yeuch...) can get internet everywhere we went no problem). I'm afraid it's back to the old Nokia LOL Maybe one day, a company will make a nice 3" screen for those that don't want a laptop bulging out of their pocket...

Oh, yes, I have updated the operating software, and can see no settings that would cause this error but am open to suggestions..

1585210261_WiFierror.png.556f46a8515485ebfa3692ac6ed3cf56.png

A quick follow up... After some research, it appears that the android version the phone uses (2.3 'ginger') is pretty much unsupported now hence the connection errors, however, I downloaded another internet browser, 'Opera Mini', and it allows me to connect to previously unobtainable sites. So I can continue with my 3" screen for a while yet. 😀

• 1 month later...

What a great find! I love that phone, with the added bonus being it's not an Apple! Pricey though LOL

1046130000_razr2019.thumb.jpg.55adcbcd52e08ad5f6a712cd059fbbe4.jpg

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

What a great find! I love that phone, with the added bonus being it's not an Apple! Pricey though LOL

1046130000_razr2019.thumb.jpg.55adcbcd52e08ad5f6a712cd059fbbe4.jpg

Oh wow, I couldn't find a price earlier....  Just seen it's suggested to be £1500!? 😮 😳 😲 🤨

No wonder Motorola are bombarding me with emails about it.  :laugh: 

• Haha 1