gibbo1471

HELP CHOOSING CORRECT BULB

Hi all,

I have a focus MK2.5 estate with the stupid clear lens in the back for the brake light/tail light I have changed the bulb for standard red ones 380 I think they don't fit how they should but they work LOL the red fade has faded all ready they are Lucas I was looking at the led ones but there are so many on eBay has anyone recently bought any or could give me the correct listing for them 

Thanks again 

Just editing this post to tidy it up!

From reading, you need 780/PR21W type bulb, with BAW15S cap type.

These should be red bulbs, twin element (so you don't have titanium spec with the built in LED tail light, right?). The pins should be offset in height and 120 degrees apart from each other ie. Not directly opposite.

The best out there in my opinion are by Twenty20/Cree but they are pricey. You can find cheap versions online which may work fine, but also may interfere with your radio (have a look at my build thread for my story - about page 4 I think!)

Also be aware that if you do indicators, you will need at least one ballast resistor to prevent hyper flashing.

Link to my thread: 

This is the style of bulb I used but you'd need to confirm what type you need. Can you take out your bulb and see what the pin arrangement is?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F382903546270

I have no dab and it's just a face lift of the MK2 I dont want if they are going to interfere the normal ones just fade the ones I have are 780 I am not changing any other bulb apart from the brake/sidelight combined one all the rest is staying the same so I should not need any resistors

They only interfered with my DAB. If you don't have that then you should be fine.

If you have bought 780 type bulbs, how is it that you feel they aren't fitting correctly? Do they feel loose? Were they difficult to put in the holders? Bear in mind that they are supposed to go only one way round.

ABD.com do excellent quality led bulbs. You should be able tofind the right type there.