Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel range MK4

Jonny be good

Had my new Focus-ST-Line X 1.5 ecoboost 182 auto a couple of weeks now love the car but after filling up a few times now i've noticed the fuel range is only 320 miles for full tank! ***** shocking that why such a crap fuel range? I read online it has a 54 ltr tank my prvious car was an Alfa Giulietta 1.4 and that had a 60 ltr i was getting about 500 miles. Something doesn't seemright about that plus with the Focus only averaging 26mpg it's gone in no time and that isn't with driving with a heavy foot.

Is anyone else's fuel range as pathetic as mine?

Yep.  2600 miles in and only getting 33mpg now.  Done a couple of longer trips now, and while it's good when cruising, it drinks when accelerating or round town.  54 litres sounds right though.  Surprisingly small really.

Mine has done 1500 miles now and is giving 38.8 MPG. It's manual though.

Just picked up a 69 Plate Ford Focus 1.0 EcoBoost ST Line X Automatic and filled it up yesterday (Petrol) - just shy of 60 quid

Screen said about 380miles in the tank... will see how it goes.

I have the 1.5 diesel and avg 61 mpg according to the trip, but as said  if you watch the instant mpg on the trip it's shockingly bad when accelerating even when not too hard.

I suspects the bigger petrol engine in sport mode maybe able to compete with a Corvette pace car I drove once and get down to 1 mpg

Could be a forum comp, how low can you get the instant mpg to read 😄

• Haha 1

To be fair, no combustion engine can accelerate hard and with good mpg at the same time.  I've seen mine at 8mpg.

I've had loads of diesels of various sizes and they all showed single figure mpg when accelerating hard.

The 1.5 182 auto petrol might be bad on acceleration mpg, but it has a nice long 8th gear that gives good mpg when cruising.  At an indicated 70mph it is doing 1750rpm which for a petrol is pretty good I think.  My mates E class 350CDI diesel only does 1600rpm at 70mph.

• Like 1

Mk4 Focus tank is 52L for petrol, 47L for diesel.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mark-UK said:

I have the 1.5 diesel and avg 61 mpg according to the trip, but as said  if you watch the instant mpg on the trip it's shockingly bad when accelerating even when not too hard.

I suspects the bigger petrol engine in sport mode maybe able to compete with a Corvette pace car I drove once and get down to 1 mpg

Could be a forum comp, how low can you get the instant mpg to read 😄

Sure I saw my instant mpg read in the late 2's for a brief second :ohmy:

• Haha 1

MK 4 1.5 diesel here too. Currently returning 58/58 mpg mainly around town and not many long trips either. Hope it improves as the previous MK 3 was way better returning 62/64mpg.

I am picking up my mk4 1.5 auto st line tomo, really loved the looks and the drive of the car didn't think twice about fuel economy 

I'm shopping in my skoda fabia vrs diesel which often sees 60+mpg with no DPF and bags of torque, I'm sure it will be a bit of a shock to the pocket lol

• Like 1

Ive got the 182 stlinex  manual and I do Manchester to Leeds every day 80 mile round trip and I'm averaging 46mpg but have been using lots of super unleaded, and eco mode. I've done 4.5k miles.