Do Not Sell My Personal Information

wipers juddering after ignition removed

darren231184

I have a 55 plate ford focus 1.6 automatic. When I remove the key from the ignition, after about 15 seconds the windscreen wipers start to move in a juddery fashion and the alarm inside the car beeps. If I turn the ignition back on all is OK. I have had to disconnect the battery to stop it. I have also spent a couple of hours googling the problem and i can not seem to find any answers please can anyone help me please

Very common problem caused by a leak in the engine bay fuse box lid; either the lid is loose, cracked or needs a new seal,

Overall water is getting in there and bridging the connections on the relays causing the horn to sound and wipers to activate; the indicators can also activate 

Need to get a new lid for the engine bay fuse box and dry out the inside.

Also being a 1.6 petrol focus; you should silicone under the bonnet where the washer jets come through because the seals deteriorate allowing rain water to drip on to your engine where it gets inside the ignition plugs and fills up the cavity causing corrosion; 

Another common problem 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club