Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SYNC3 Update 30Sept2019

Westville

There is a new software update available for SYNC3 says it is 2.8GB no idea what it is for yet just downloading now

Hi - i've just downloaded the zip file now.

Will go for a drive this evening and install the update.

Did you figure out what's new? I couldn't find a Change Log anywhere.

Thanks.

Thanks for the heads-up on this one.  Im now downloading it.  Im hoping this is an actual new update and not their servers gone wrong again and dishing out an old version!

I did see on some of the other Ford forums, that people are able to install the very latest Sync Versions on old hardware by somehow repartitioning the system, etc.  But I havent a clue on how to go about this, so if someone has more knowledge of this that would be great!

I've just completed the update. Takes about 10 minutes and creates the XML Log file correctly. The Ford website recognised the completed update in a few minutes as well (after Log file uploaded).

I cannot see any obvious changes. It's still version 3.0. However, the build has gone from 18025 to 19025.

The new build did not trigger another Map update.

If anyone notices any visible changes, please let me know. I read on another forum that this update better supports album art, track meta data, and apple carplay. I'll keep you posted if I notice any of these improvements. Hopefully it's all true.

Thanks.

17 hours ago, Westville said:

There is a new software update available for SYNC3 says it is 2.8GB no idea what it is for yet just downloading now

The download is an update to the Apps. It also contains Gracenote and Voice, but those are the same versions as the last update!

The only difference I found is LBC is now an Apple Car Play App.

My version was and still is Sync 3.0 Build 19149.

H

14 hours ago, SgtAWilson said:

................. I did see on some of the other Ford forums, that people are able to install the very latest Sync Versions on old hardware by somehow repartitioning the system, etc.  But I havent a clue on how to go about this, so if someone has more knowledge of this that would be great!

You need to get your head around re-setting modules etc using a program like Forscan - there are discussions on here about it - not an easy process but seems to have proved worthwhile for those who have done it

(If you have a 7yr old around they won't be the slightest bit phased by it :pizza:)

Yes, I thought that forscan thing seems quite complicated, and if you do it wrong then im guessing your brick your car!

Then there is the issues that to update, the normal Ford website wouldnt work, so you would have to use other methods to update maps, etc.

Only vehicles affected by Ford update website issue were those built mid to late 2018 to around April this year.All others should receive correct updates for their VIN as and when released

3 hours ago, Comares2001 said:

All others should receive correct updates for their VIN as and when released

... and the odd update for Sync2 when my car has Sync3 !!

• Haha 1