Do Not Sell My Personal Information

what would you pay for 1.6 eco T.X with 40K? (2011)

shiwarrior

Seen a red Ford Focus Titanium X for sale

2011, 1.6 ecoboost (150 bhp version)

with the 18" wheel upgrade,

40,000 miles on the clock

MOT history checks out, been no advisories or fails in its life

3 owners

Also, i thought these had the SONY stereo upgrade ? do some not say SONY on the front ?

Only 40k in 8 years and 3 owners seems a bit odd tbh.

I wouldn't pay more than about £4.5k for it.

If it doesn't have the gloss Sony stereo it's probably got nav instead.

Thanks Tom

i was perhaps thinking around 4.5K, due to it being  nearly 9 years old

is the Nav one better to have ? i.e. screen bigger etc?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, shiwarrior said:

Thanks Tom

i was perhaps thinking around 4.5K, due to it being  nearly 9 years old

is the Nav one better to have ? i.e. screen bigger etc?

I wouldn't say it's better tbh, it's just because it's a very early Mk3 and they didn't have the glossy Sony Nav systems at the time.  It'll be pre-SYNC, the screen is the same size and it only has 6 Speakers.  

If you buy a slightly later one (2012 at least iirc) they get the gloss Sony SYNC1 nav system with 9 Speakers.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I wouldn't say it's better tbh, it's just because it's a very early Mk3 and they didn't have the glossy Sony Nav systems at the time.  It'll be pre-SYNC, the screen is the same size and it only has 6 speakers.  

If you buy a slightly later one (2012 at least iirc) they get the gloss Sony SYNC1 nav system with 9 speakers.

oo thats interesting !

so what your saying then, as its pre sync, its not worth having?

no idea what the differences are, but if it is better to get a later model, then i will

1 hour ago, shiwarrior said:

oo thats interesting !

so what your saying then, as its pre sync, its not worth having?

no idea what the differences are, but if it is better to get a later model, then i will

Well, it still has more or less the same functions as the later one with bluetooth and voice control etc.  If the rest of the car is what you want, it may not be a deal breaker, but if you're after the best audio then yeah, look for a later one. 

Personally I'd try to get one as late as you can afford.  There are a few other changes through the Mk3s life as well, steering wheel buttons moved, gained low screenwash warning and the dash screen layout changed for the better amongst others.

There are also other options to look out for like park assist (auto parking) and lane assist/blind spot indicator which not all of them came with.  There is also the optional appearance pack which includes 18" alloys and rear privacy glass.

• Like 1

oh right, so the early ones dont have BT or Voice control ? 

need BT really in this day and age

Im looking a a Titanium X which comes with auto parking as standard i thought ?

My ideal one , is a black T. X. with appearance pack....

come to think of it, is there a website that lists when these things changed over the years?

thanks

here is the car in question

not much in the detail tbh, but under "driver convenience" it does say "Sony DAB" and "9 speakers" and "BT Hands Free" also it does mention "Voice Control"

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201909212470257?fromSavedAds=true&advertising-location=at_cars

6 minutes ago, shiwarrior said:

not much in the detail tbh, but under "driver convenience" it does say "Sony DAB" and "9 speakers" and "BT Hands Free" also it does mention "Voice Control"

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201909212470257?fromSavedAds=true&advertising-location=at_cars

This car has the "normal" 6-speaker High Level Ford audio system that is based on the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system. This is basically the same Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system that was used on the Focus MK2.5.

It is definetely not a Sony 9-speaker or SYNC 1.0/1.1 based audio system.

• Like 1

Same vintage as mine. It should have bluetooth and voice control, but won't be the fancy Sync setup that gives more control over the phone. You can still stream bluetooth audio though - I can stream Spotify OK and skip tracks, show basic track info, etc.

The sound system is not bad - far better than the budget option. I actually thought the sound quality was better than a Mk 3.5 Titanium hire car I had the other week. The 3.5 had Sync 3, but had issues with the bluetooth streaming dropping out occasionally. None of that on mine. 

59 minutes ago, shiwarrior said:

Autotrader puts those things in, you can't trust them. 

I worded it badly earlier, it still has most of the same functions, including bluetooth and voice control.  

Odd that that car has the bigger alloys but no privacy glass!  Probably just another early spec thing though.

36 minutes ago, erictcleric said:

Same vintage as mine. It should have Bluetooth and voice control, but won't be the fancy Sync setup that gives more control over the phone. You can still stream Bluetooth audio though - I can stream Spotify OK and skip tracks, show basic track info, etc.

The sound system is not bad - far better than the budget option. I actually thought the sound quality was better than a Mk 3.5 Titanium hire car I had the other week. The 3.5 had Sync 3, but had issues with the Bluetooth streaming dropping out occasionally. None of that on mine. 

The Mk3.5 Titanium audio is worse than the MK3 one!  They dropped back to 6 Speakers for the facelift. :sad:

thanks guys, really appreciate your input

basically, i may have around 5K to spend

1.6 (even 1.0 ecoboosts) T.X. seem to be high prices on auto trader

saw a 1.6 ecoboost t.x on eBay, they relisted twice, never sold that was 4,700, which i was prepared to pay, but it was an 11 plate, with 51K

in the advert, it mentions it had the Sony DAB upgrade

Titanium X's tend to be priced high as they come with a lot of kit, including some things not available on other specs. 

As standard on a TX expect: bluetooth, heated part-leather seats, bi-Xenon headlights, multi-colour ambient lighting and auto parallel parking. Auto reverse parking was a later option. 

And on the 2.0 tdci, extra bhp 😊

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2019 at 5:51 PM, shiwarrior said:

thanks guys, really appreciate your input

basically, i may have around 5K to spend

1.6 (even 1.0 ecoboosts) T.X. seem to be high prices on auto trader

saw a 1.6 ecoboost t.x on ebay, they relisted twice, never sold that was 4,700, which i was prepared to pay, but it was an 11 plate, with 51K

in the advert, it mentions it had the Sony DAB upgrade

To be honest I'd personally give the MK3 a swerve, especially as early build.  Although the MK3.5s seemed to improve things somewhat (and will bne well outside your price range), the MK3s (especially the early ones) seemed prone to amongst other things:

• Weak clutches (multiple reports of clutches wearing out in less than 30K miles)
  • Leaking clutches (full replacement needed due to contamination)
  • Various electrical issues
  • Major drivability (pull away) issues (only certain engines I think)
  • They have that "lovely" centre console which looks like someone used a machine gone to add 576 tiny different buttons to it.

if i avoid the pre face-lift, id have to go to a different manufacturer altogether due to the prices of the face-lift

anyway, it won't be for another year now at least as mine is going quite strong still and im saving money for a deposit 

23 hours ago, shiwarrior said:

if i avoid the pre face-lift, id have to go to a different manufacturer altogether due to the prices of the face-lift

anyway, it won't be for another year now at least as mine is going quite strong still and im saving money for a deposit 

As much as I enjoy my Ford's, if my current car HAD to be replaced ASAP and my needs were best served by something around the age/size/price of a MK3 (pre-facelift) then I think I'd end up going elsewhere.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club