Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stop Start Fuse

Doug P-F

Can anyone tell me where the fuse is for the Stop Start function. I gave a 12 reg 1.6 diesel Focus Estate. I'm hoping it's only the fuse!

There isn't one as such. What's your problem? 

1 hour ago, iantt said:

There isn't one as such. What's your problem? 

It's just stopped working. The cars running fine.

• Haha 1

The battery needs a minimum 68% charge for the stop start to work. When the battery ages the charge can fall below that level even with long drives. So first check is to get battery checked at a garage. 

I would agree with iantt Just had a ford servive and they stated the 6 year old battery was only 50 % charged. Even after a 360 plus mile jnourney the stop start didnt work. Charged the battery up with a CTEC charger and lo and behold stop start was working. Not for long though. Guess the battery is starting to age.

• 3 years later...

I had the same thing it stopped working.. garage said was battery so decided not to change battery and just live without..

move forward a year or so... car started to have intermittent issue of not starting which steadily got worse. suspected ecu water incursion problem. had ecu out and not water.. then realised had had water ingress into the boot so had the garage check any fuse boxes in the boot. nearside fuse box was completely wet threw. Garage dried out and bagged it. Low and behold start stop starts working again too.  

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club