Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kuga engine service now & limp mode

jken24

Good evening all!

The wife's kuga keeps going into limp mode and a warning light comes up with 'engine service now'.

Ive done a scan with recently purchased ForScan which i am still trying to get my head around..

the follwoing codes have been retrieved-

• Code: P0087 - Fuel Rail/System Pressure - Too Low (Bank 1)

Additional Fault Symptom:
     - Signal Low Time Greater Than Maximum

• Code: P2263 - Turbocharger/Supercharger A Boost System Performance

- Signal Above Allowable Range

• Code: P003A - Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Control A Position Exceeded Learning Limit

- Signal Below Allowable Range

• Code: P003A - Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Control A Position Exceeded Learning Limit#

Many thanks for your help all

Jamie

For the fuel pressure code the first thing I would consider would be replacing the fuel filter. Or at least check when it was last replaced. 

After that move on to monitoring your fuel rail pressure versus desired fuel pressure (not sure if Forscan allows you to do this). 

After that you can think about looking at injectors, fuel pump, metering valve etc etc. But the filter is normally the best place to start. 

As for your turbo/boost codes... Start with obvious stuff like looking for split boost pipes or damaged intercooler. Give it a rev and have a listen for boost leaks. After that then really you need to be checking what vacuum you're getting to your turbo actuator. Easiest check is to have a look underneath to see if the actuator rod on the turbo moves when you start the engine or when you give it a rev. If it does move then at least you know you're getting some vacuum. If not then I'd be looking for a split vacuum pipe. 

On 10/3/2019 at 10:02 PM, jken24 said:

the follwoing codes have been retrieved-

• Code: P0087 - Fuel Rail/System Pressure - Too Low (Bank 1)

- Signal Low Time Greater Than Maximum

• Code: P2263 - Turbocharger/Supercharger A Boost System Performance

- Signal Above Allowable Range

• Code: P003A - Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Control A Position Exceeded Learning Limit

- Signal Below Allowable Range

• Code: P003A - Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Control A Position Exceeded Learning Limit#

As you have noted the codes, clear them and see what comes back soonest.

If the Fuel pressure code comes back, I would investigate that before the turbo, the ECU could be getting itself a bit confused if the fuel rail pressure is reading wrong.

After checking fuel filter, add to the list air ingress into the fuel lines, anywhere from the tank, via the filter, up to the main fuel pimp.

Forscan is a very capable system, but the user interface is a bit quirky, and does take a bit of getting used to!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club