Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7.5 centre console pin outs

ssharple2001

Hi guys,

I’m doing the swap from a mk7 centre console to a mk7.5 with armrest and illuminated cup holders. I just want to check I’m wiring it up correctly before I blow up my car!

The grey connector on the console - can I just wire a +ve and an earth to either pin?

I’m presuming the top pins and bottom pins power the cup holder lights and rear power socket and it’s only a simple circuit so they can be either way round.

So the arrangement will simply be;

+ve EARTH

+ve EARTH

Am I correct?

And, for a bonus point - wtf is a trailer control unit? That’s the fuse I’m planning to piggyback from.

I did the facelift centre console upgrade too, I simply ran wires from the rear 12v socket to the front 12v socket and ran wires from the illuminated cup holders to the little cubby hole ambient light in front of gearstick. Never had any issues in the 18months since I fitted it. I’d recommend the illuminated gear knob too, sets it all off brilliantlyIMG_3353.JPG

Could the trailer control unit be where the tow bar gets its power from?

I don’t have a towbar so I’m guessing it’s redundant anyway then.
There’s one mention of it on the interweb, apparently it turns off the rear parking sensors when a trailer is attached?
Any advice on the pin outs?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club