Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Not many 69 plates

Guy Heaton

I was thinking this,only seen a few on the road.

I'm surprised sales even rose compared to last year!

The economy is slowing, you can really feel it, house sales are also down, and large companies are going under 😞

• Sad 1

Followed a 69 plate Clio today...that shape already looks old! :unsure:

Apart from that, still haven't seen many despite living in the middle of several dealerships!  I wouldn't be buying a brand new car just before Brexit either though!

There's alot of dealerships who are in the red now. And that includes the big chains losing millions. 

Our local VW dealer who is part of a medium/large chain of dealers  sold hardly any new in sept. But used faired better. 

• Confused 1

I've only seen one so far - can't remember what is was so obviously not very exciting anyway. But I often wonder how a lot of dealerships sell cars even in good times - the poor attitude and lack of product knowledge of many staff has had me walk out many a time!

Can't say I've seen many in Moray either.

Dealers dont make money on cars really, they get it from the warranty and service work.

• Thanks 1

Saw a 69 plate Mini Countryman today...in solid red! :unsure:

Still waiting to see something interesting on a 69!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Saw a 69 plate Mini Countryman today...in solid red! :unsure:

Still waiting to see something interesting on a 69!

I'm sure your local MINI centre would have you believe that is something interesting!😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I bet the driver looked like a right countryman.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Saw a 69 plate Focus in grey today...I guess that has to count as interesting on here! :wink:

Think it may have been a Vignale but passing speed was too much to tell!  :unsure:

On 10/4/2019 at 10:41 PM, Guy Heaton said:

Dealers dont make money on cars really, they get it from the warranty and service work.

I can confirm this, 

I've removed my rear wiper to save €45 on each service as they cant bill me for changing it 

8 hours ago, Turvey said:

Not exactly true discount percentages unless you buy a new car at full list price. I don't know anyone who buys a car at list price anymore. 

I think I've seen maybe 4 new 69 plated cars on the road. 2 of which were obviously company cars (BMW's) and I think the other 2 were possibly motability cars as they were the cross over type (can't remember the exact make/models though) and were parked in disabled bays. 

I was walking past a VW dealer this morning and saw a row, maybe a dozen or more, 69 plates. I thought they were sold cars waiting for handover, but on strolling over for a closer look, found they all had a sticker in the screen reading "pre-reg special offer". 

1 minute ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I was walking past a VW dealer this morning and saw a row, maybe a dozen or more, 69 plates. I thought they were sold cars waiting for handover, but on strolling over for a closer look, found they all had a sticker in the screen reading "pre-reg special offer". 

All dealers are doing it now and on a large scale. 

• Like 1

Saw a 69 plate Mondeo Hybrid Estate today... 

What's the benefit of pre-reg to a dealer out of interest?  Seems daft for them to spend money on a car that might just sit on the forecourt for months depreciating as it's now got a reg date... :unsure:

First signs of a recession are dealerships not being able to flog any new cars. We're definitely due one soon.

• Sad 1

I think we will see inefficient dealers go bust. Oh well.lol 

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

What's the benefit of pre-reg to a dealer out of interest?  Seems daft for them to spend money on a car that might just sit on the forecourt for months depreciating as it's now got a reg date... :unsure:

Basically cars they couldn't sell so "sell" it to themselves to balance the book sort of speak. Helps out with quarterly bonus' etc. As soon as it's registered with DVLA its classed as sold. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, iantt said:

I think we will see inefficient dealers go bust. Oh well.lol 

The ones that treat their loyal customers like monkeys well deserve to go bust!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I should think in some cases the manufacturer will be either offering  an incentive to take the stock (or a penalty if they don't). I was wondering also  if it may be something to do with the next phase of RDE as well as an attempt to stimulate sales? Does seem a bit odd that there are shedloads of cars sitting in stock when (allegedly) things are built to order these days and folks on here have waited 6 months or more. From my lurkings on VW Forums I see customers have waited 12 months + for some models.

• Like 1

Saw my first '69 plate car 'in the wild' today, as opposed to on the Facebook page of our local Ford dealer. A dark blue Qashqai, only noticed it because we're thinking of trading in our '10 plate QQ for a newer one and it was the same colour we both like. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club