Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Not many 69 plates

Guy Heaton
聽Share

2 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I should think in some cases the manufacturer will be either offering聽 an incentive to take the stock (or a penalty if they don't). I was wondering also聽 if it may be something to do with the next phase of RDE as well as an attempt to stimulate sales? Does seem a bit odd that there are shedloads of cars sitting in stock when (allegedly) things are built to order these days and folks on here have waited 6 months or more. From my lurkings on VW Forums I see customers have waited 12 months + for some models.

I don't think most Ford's are built to order.聽 Judging by the stuff I see most of, the majority of customers must just go in asking for a dull engine in the most boring spec with the cheapest colour...聽 There's an entire sea of brand new unregistered Ford's in a compound not far from me...I've never seen it half full oddly, always rammed even during September!! :unsure:

I wouldn't have thought most VWs were made to order either though, certainly the ones I've had have rarely had any additional options above the standard spec.

I think the only way you can guarantee a new build now is to chose a rare colour or option combo.聽 As you say though, it usually means a long wait and most of us are impatient!聽聽

That's an interesting thought about a fine if they don't pre-register a few, that's definitely an incentive!

1 hour ago, iantt said:

I've seen quite a few. Lol

Where are they all then?聽 In this thread we're spread across the country and have hardly seen any so far! :laugh:

All in our compound. 馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀

• Haha 2

On 10/4/2019 at 10:41 PM, Guy Heaton said:

Dealers dont make money on cars really, they get it from the warranty and service work.

No no, dealers make money from referring people to finance companies.聽

• Like 1

Saw another 69 plate Countryman today! :unsure:

The only double I've seen so far...and it's a car I can't understand the appeal of!聽 At least this one was in black though. :laugh:

Also saw a 69 Golf R today...or rather I heard it!! :biggrin:

Not seen it yet, but one of my mates has just bought a new car (Golf), so that's one more. This has come as quite a shock as he's been talking about replacing his Mondeo Mk 4 for ages and even though now exiled in Northumberland has fully retained his Yorkshire reluctance to part with his brass!

• Haha 2

I saw a white 69 plate Aventador SVJ in Leicester tonight, probably a bit more exciting than a diesel Audi A3 that followed it also on a 69 plate.

• Like 1

Seen another today. Was driving on the outside lane of a dual carriageway past聽a long line of slow moving nose to tail聽traffic on the nearside, with a聽Kuga an inch from my back bumper. When I was able to safely move over in good time for my exit, he shot forward a couple of yards into the space I vacated聽and then took up the same position behind the next car. When I was able to see the p*****k's numberplate, I noted it was a 69!

• Haha 1

I've seen several over the last 3 or 4 days so gave up posting them lol.聽 聽Think Aventador wins for the most exciting spot on here so far though!

As a lot of these reports are based on number of registrations, I wonder how many of the "sales" are in reality still聽sitting on forecourts (like the "pre-reg bargain" VWs I mentioned earlier) waiting for an actual buyer?馃榾

• Like 2

Spotted four this morning, just round the corner. A Skoda Karoq and SEAT聽Leon on one drive, and a BMW聽X1 and MINI 5 door on another - hard to decide which of the last two was uglier!

• Like 1

I saw a 69 plate Karoq in Tesco yesterday, can't say I'd even heard of it before! :unsure:

I think the surprise of '69 plates for me so far has to be the Peugeot 508 GT fastback...it looked absolutely fantastic! 馃槷聽 Maybe I'll consider going back to PSA if they depreciate heavily enough! :biggrin:

• Like 1

I think the Karoq is meant to be聽the effective replacement for the Yeti. I always liked those, though they never seemed to offer it with the latest spec of VW group engines. I could have fancied one with, say, a Golf GTI motor. I think the Karoq looks ok, but it's just another Tiguan/Ateca clone, not something distinctive like the Yeti was.

Agree on the Peugeots - they're turning out some very interesting looking cars lately. Can't get on with the instrument positioning though - you have to look over聽聽the wheel, which is tiny and down in your groin! (I believe they call it i-cockpit?).

• Like 1

Saw the brand new 69 7 series in uni on Friday. The one with the big nostrils 馃槀

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, zain611 said:

Saw the brand new 69 7 series in uni on Friday. The one with the big nostrils 馃槀

I keep seeing an X7 round here at the moment, takes me a lot not to vomit when I see it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

I've just put another on the road :biggrin:

Where are the pics then? :tongue:

I forgot to take any at the dealership and it was terrential rain on day of collection, I'll try and remember to take some at lunch, although it it now dirty thanks to the weather 馃槄

• Haha 1

Well it only took me over 2 days to remember, but here we go (I know, I need some mudflaps 馃槢 ):

DSC_0698u.jpg

DSC_0697u.jpg

DSC_0699u.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club