Guy Heaton

Not many 69 plates

2 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I should think in some cases the manufacturer will be either offering  an incentive to take the stock (or a penalty if they don't). I was wondering also  if it may be something to do with the next phase of RDE as well as an attempt to stimulate sales? Does seem a bit odd that there are shedloads of cars sitting in stock when (allegedly) things are built to order these days and folks on here have waited 6 months or more. From my lurkings on VW Forums I see customers have waited 12 months + for some models.

I don't think most Ford's are built to order.  Judging by the stuff I see most of, the majority of customers must just go in asking for a dull engine in the most boring spec with the cheapest colour...  There's an entire sea of brand new unregistered Ford's in a compound not far from me...I've never seen it half full oddly, always rammed even during September!! :unsure:

I wouldn't have thought most VWs were made to order either though, certainly the ones I've had have rarely had any additional options above the standard spec.

I think the only way you can guarantee a new build now is to chose a rare colour or option combo.  As you say though, it usually means a long wait and most of us are impatient!  

That's an interesting thought about a fine if they don't pre-register a few, that's definitely an incentive!

1 hour ago, iantt said:

I've seen quite a few. Lol

Where are they all then?  In this thread we're spread across the country and have hardly seen any so far! :laugh:

On 10/4/2019 at 10:41 PM, Guy Heaton said:

Dealers dont make money on cars really, they get it from the warranty and service work.

No no, dealers make money from referring people to finance companies. 

Saw another 69 plate Countryman today! :unsure:

The only double I've seen so far...and it's a car I can't understand the appeal of!  At least this one was in black though. :laugh:

Also saw a 69 Golf R today...or rather I heard it!! :biggrin:

Not seen it yet, but one of my mates has just bought a new car (Golf), so that's one more. This has come as quite a shock as he's been talking about replacing his Mondeo Mk 4 for ages and even though now exiled in Northumberland has fully retained his Yorkshire reluctance to part with his brass!

I saw a white 69 plate Aventador SVJ in Leicester tonight, probably a bit more exciting than a diesel Audi A3 that followed it also on a 69 plate.