Do Not Sell My Personal Information

H11 fog light

IRONMAN
聽Share

Hi all,I am looking for a pure white H11 foglight bulb set for my Mk2 Focus 08( pre-facelift), also wondering has anyone聽fitted drl's to a 08 focus, the wiring is no problem just cant find a good place to put them. Thanks in advance聽馃憤

Nighteye do a good range of pure white LED fog lights, as do Autobeam. I favour nighteye as they have a good reputation. If you go down the LED route then most will have a heat sink on the back so you may require larger rubber boots to cover the back of the bulb, you can get them off eBay for about 拢5.

bear in mind that pure white fog lights will be useless in fog.

• Like 1

In case you want LED Bulbs you can also search for H8 bulbs. H11 and H8 bulbs have exactly the same socket/fitment. The only difference is that H11 is 55 Watts and H8 is 35 Watts. H8 LED Bulbs however are a bit more common than H11 LED Bulbs.

In my opinion the best looking way to install DRL onto a Focus MK2 is by installing combined fog/DRL lights. These are available from Osram and many Chinese manufacturers on Ebay/Aliexpress.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor led fog lights with drl osram

I don't think the plugs are 'exactly' the same but they will fit, I didn't know the wattage was different though [emoji106]

One of the metal tabs is much wider on the h11 and will need to be filed with a Dremmel, you can also remove the red ring gasket on the base to allow it to sit better.

I'd definitely go with the H11 now that I know that they are a better wattage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

In case you want LED bulbs you can also search for H8 bulbs. H11 and H8 bulbs have exactly the same socket/fitment. The only difference is that H11 is 55 Watts and H8 is 35 Watts. H8 LED bulbs however are a bit more common than H11 LED bulbs.

In my opinion the best looking way to install DRL onto a Focus MK2 is by installing combined fog/DRL lights. These are available from Osram and many Chinese manufacturers on Ebay/Aliexpress.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor led fog lights with drl osram

The combined fog/drl looks great, Thanks for the info

14 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

I don't think the plugs are 'exactly' the same but they will fit, I didn't know the wattage was different though emoji106.png

One of the metal tabs is much wider on the h11 and will need to be filed with a Dremmel, you can also remove the red ring gasket on the base to allow it to sit better.

I'd definitely go with the H11 now that I know that they are a better wattage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Great info Thanks for your help

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IRONMAN said:

Hi all,I am looking for a pure white H11 foglight bulb set for my Mk2 Focus 08( pre-facelift), also wondering has anyone聽fitted drl's to a 08 focus, the wiring is no problem just cant find a good place to put them. Thanks in advance聽馃憤

Yeh I removed the chrome rings and glued these powerful rings in place with a Drl Controller.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F133094732781

8 hours ago, F0CUE said:

Yeh I removed the chrome rings and glued these powerful rings in place with a Drl Controller.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F133094732781

Cheers, Mine is the pre-facelift and the fog trim is not a complete circle so its not an option. Thanks for your reply馃憤

Aw right if it's the type like below then if it was me I would remove the covers and mount led strips to the fat part at the top and either tuck the wire or make a small hole for the wire to go into so it can be routed to a controller. The controller requires a small splice into the headlight wires to dim when on or if you want it to dim when sidelights go on then it's your preference.

44902483e6ca809c0fa80e21623acf5a.jpg

• Like 1

I installed DRLs on mine... here they are.

1039279180_beforeandaftercaption.thumb.jpg.35fe68a6dc0134dac9594de1f1a26d73.jpg

And installed separate switches for 'halo' and centre LED (They come on automatically with ignition, but can be switched off selectively)

2141737414_DRLswitches.thumb.jpg.7640129b80a9b8cdb06f0311c6f88e0f.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for the info and pics, the halo/fog looks super, nice job with the install聽,would you have a link for the lights and switches please. Thanks

34 minutes ago, IRONMAN said:

Thanks for the info and pics, the halo/fog looks super, nice job with the install聽,would you have a link for the lights and switches please. Thanks

Okey dokey, the first thing you'll need is a LHS & RHS foglight holder, I picked up both for a tenner off a breaker. You may just drill a 3" hole in the original blanking plate, but, I think personally they'd look rubbish!

1366059971_foglightholdrrLoRes.thumb.jpg.d27a96eab6cab853e9902924c6167341.jpg

This is the seller of the switches...

This is the seller of the lights...

Best of luck, and post some photos when all done 馃榾

Cheers Stephen, I have the trim covers and fogs already fitted (my聽profile pic shows them after I painted them). Thanks again for your help, much appreciated.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club