Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New aerodynamic accessory increases performance!

StephenFord

Just added these to my LX, my goodness, what a difference! 0 - 60 is now, well, OK, no change whatsoever but at least it gets to 60! 🤣 LOL

1343077772_mirrorshield.thumb.jpg.3bdf3fd679c124b71f920e1fec3d6d90.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Just added these to my LX, my goodness, what a difference! 0 - 60 is now, well, OK, no change whatsoever but at least it gets to 60! 🤣 LOL

Wow Peak Performance 🤭next time your parked on a side street and someone accidentally clips your wing mirror closed; it will smash your window 😯

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Wow Peak Performance 🤭next time your parked on a side street and someone accidentally clips your wing mirror closed; it will smash your window 😯

LOL, I feel that the sticky tape will give way well before the glass will! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

LOL, I feel that the sticky tape will give way well before the glass will! 🤣

Impact speeds can overcome adhesion #JustSayin

• Haha 1

Windows are surprisingly strong when they're closed.  My NSF window has a mark on it from where the mirror was smashed into it!  The mirror casing broke instead of the window lol.

Obviously if they're even slightly open they shatter into a billion pieces! :laugh:

So if you're heading for a lake and the brakes fail, remember to hit that window switch! :wink:

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Obviously if they're even slightly open they shatter into a billion pieces! 

Any kind of deep scratches or damage to tempered glass can weaken it enough so that when it flexes or gets impacted it'll blow. Probably why when closed it seems stronger as it's being supported from all sides.

That's why the window breaker jobbies work so well, sharp tip to make a chip, and then the impact of the tool on the window causes it to blow.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Ooh I was looking at these a bit ago, I wasnt sure though if the extra aero would catch me out and end up with getting a ticket for going too fast!

Be careful now; Pretty sure they give you the drag coefficient of a fish as you build speed!

Although I did wonder as well about all the added down force burrying the car on the motorways too..

😁

To be fair always been curious of these, you'll have to keep us updated as to if they help!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, WireyWhenWet said:

To be fair always been curious of these, you'll have to keep us updated as to if they help!

Good to have to hand for the next solar eclipse or if the exhaust ever needs a weld 👨‍🏭 

• Haha 1

For those of you that have been losing sleep over the 'folding/breaking' window scenario, have just folded mirror completely, as can be seen, no danger. Phew, dodged a bullet there LOL

389319319_mirrorfoldLoRes.thumb.jpg.d5cc0794179dec3bdbce7129646672dd.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club