Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ForScan on the Mk4 Focus

Ford Cortina/Capri

Has anyone tried using this on the Mk4 Focus, anyone managed to make any changes ?  Just bought an adaptor so hope to have a play with it next weekend

Can confirm auto locking works and Ford Performance screen in the IPC

Unable to access APIM (as per most MK4 owners) to change any settings

Was trying to get auto high beam to work but i think you need to change the windscreen module (behind the rear view mirror)

• Thanks 1

I've got a tunnelrat switched adapter and Ive done code reading, but I'm a bit nervous of programming, bricking it and invalidating the warranty.

Is bricking a risk?

1 hour ago, Guy Heaton said:

I've got a tunnelrat switched adapter and Ive done code reading, but I'm a bit nervous of programming, bricking it and invalidating the warranty.

Is bricking a risk?

I've not done any programming with FORScan, but I believe you need to make sure your battery Voltage does not go too low, otherwise things can go wrong.

You can brick it when re-programming the calibration (firmware), but I don't think modifying as-built data has much risk, the important thing is just to back up your original config in case something is incompatible or a mistake is made and you need to restore it.

You'll often trigger a number of DTCs, but these can also be cleared with Forscan

Was trying to get auto high beam to work but i think you need to change the windscreen module (behind the rear view mirror)

I've looked at doing that. Since the Titanium has a camera that does traffic sign recognition I thought that it may work.

What settings did you try changing ?

My thoughts were that you needed to change the

0C4A to 0C4E and the 2037 to 2237 in as built 720-01-01 

2 hours ago, alexp999 said:

You can brick it when re-programming the calibration (firmware), but I don't think modifying as-built data has much risk, the important thing is just to back up your original config in case something is incompatible or a mistake is made and you need to restore it.

You'll often trigger a number of DTCs, but these can also be cleared with Forscan

Changing the configuration can also brick a module very easily. Most problems however are caused by low battery voltage during diagnostics or lost communication connections caused by bad quality diagnostic interfaces.

In most cases a bricked module can be recovered but this usually requires quite some skills/knowledge and the correct diagnostic tools to recover a non responding (bricked) module.

The Forscan program is by far the best, most advanced freely available Ford specific diagnostic system. It is however not perfect. The support for the relative new Focus MK4 is pretty limited. It usually takes a few Years before a new model is fully supported and all known bugs are solved.

You also have to be aware that Ford is currently transitioning to the online FRDS diagnostic system. On new Ford models programming and configuring of modules requires a (paid and verified) subscription. On the Focus MK4 for example Forscan did show and support some modules (like for example the APIM) on earlier build vehicles while on currently build vehicles these modules are no longer shown and supported. It will just be a matter of time before the offline programming (including the Ford IDS diagnostic system) will be discontinued completely.

So, I know you can change the splash screen to show ST, RS etc... and I've seen the climate control added to the screen. Does anyone have a list of the changes needed to do these ? Or add just the ones you know maybe... ?

So, I know you can change the splash screen to show ST, RS etc... and I've seen the climate control added to the screen. Does anyone have a list of the changes needed to do these ? Or add just the ones you know maybe... ?
If you check the F150 forum there is a very detailed list of all codes and modifications that will work (build spec dependent).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uDSQ1Z5a2Wt8-kjrSiVSlDFGFHnfeuhb3RTMVz95730/htmlview#gid=338817466

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

On 10/12/2019 at 1:59 PM, Stoney871 said:

If you check the F150 forum there is a very detailed list of all codes and modifications that will work (build spec dependent).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uDSQ1Z5a2Wt8-kjrSiVSlDFGFHnfeuhb3RTMVz95730/htmlview#gid=338817466

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Had a look at that. I'm trying to program my BCM for LED rear lights and thought the F150 spreadsheet had the answer. But, the F150 has a lot more memory blocks than my Focus so an answers there :-(

On 10/10/2019 at 3:19 PM, ianincheshire said:

I've looked at doing that. Since the Titanium has a camera that does traffic sign recognition I thought that it may work.

What settings did you try changing ?

My thoughts were that you needed to change the

0C4A to 0C4E and the 2037 to 2237 in as built 720-01-01 

Doesn't work I'm afraid, tried it

• 7 months later...
On 10/10/2019 at 6:58 PM, DaveT70 said:

Can confirm auto locking works and Ford Performance screen in the IPC

Unable to access APIM (as per most MK4 owners) to change any settings

Was trying to get auto high beam to work but i think you need to change the windscreen module (behind the rear view mirror)

can you tell me how does Ford Performance screen work in the IPC?

• 1 year later...

I would like to know the same thing ie getting the "Ford Performance" screen to work, I have been into the IPC Module with FORscan (is the APIM also involved in the change?) & tried everything I thought might work but no go, everything appeared to work like - ENABLING the Oil pressure display, oil temp display, etc, (same gauges as the 2nd image) then writing the new info to the module which all appeared to work fine but nothing changed, any help would be much appreciated, I have attached images of the standard Australian layout & the European/UK layouts for the 2021 Focus ST 2.3 Ltr SA series.

Top image - Australian layout below. (in sport mode)                                                                         Bottom image - UK Layout (Normal mode with performance gauges (activated I think in settings under Display)      My Name  - John Humphreys.                                                                                                 

spacer.png  spacer.png

Thanks for your reply Dave, Yes I have the 2.3Ltr 2021 ST & love it, but it appears the Australian version has different software/firmwear for the Digital instrument cluster than the UK/European versions the layout you have is much more appropriate as the image shows, oil temp, oil pressure etc, I am fairly sure if you go into - settings - Vehicle - Display - there must be an option to display- "performance Gauges"- or -"Performance details"- as the image shows, do you happen to know anyone that has a 2020/21 ST  that can verify how they display the "Performance Gauges/details" option? any info would be awesome, I've looked everywhere on the net but no luck, cheers.

PS - I was just about to start a new thread (thought this one was a bit old)

John H.

Maybe then, as you have an ST, the firmware will support performance gauges but they're not activated for your market.

Get a decent lead, download forscan and go into "Configuration & Programming" then "IPC" (NOT ASBUILT) and switch the options you want on and see if it works.

Remember to back up the standard configuration BEFORE you make any changes.

• Like 1

Hi Dave, I have done exactly as you suggested, I have FORscan & the OBD11Link EX lead, went into "Configuration & Programming" then IPC Module ( not the AS BUILT) enabled the appropriate gauges such as "oil pressure display", "oil Temperature display"  & the other two  that appear in the image above , I ok'd them all - then wrote to the IPC Module with updated gauge info but nothing changed,(I double checked that i did it the right way).

OK, how about getting the VIN for a UK RHD ST, downloading the config files from Ford and loading them onto yours.

Something daft must be missing.

Have you asked Ford why they are not there, but they are on Europe spec?

I'll PM you a UK VIN

Really appreciate your help Dave, I'll give it a go & see what it comes up with, will let you know the result, no I have not asked Ford yet I will try them. cheers.

Hi again Dave, I have down loaded the File but i don't think it will help as my ST being a MY2021 model has the Digital Instrument cluster where as that Vin is for a 2019 model which has the Analog gauges, might have to try Ford but i doubt they will give me the info to change the layout as it is still under warranty but ill give it a go, cheers. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club